Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
ROLE SUMMARY: Lead commercial sourcing, development, and
industrialization of Rivian HV Battery Interconnect manufacturing
supply chain and internal build capabilities through smart,
effective capex strategy and execution.
Managing equipment /automation supplier development and
- Identify suppliers, assess capabilities, and develop sourcing
roadmaps with Rivian stakeholders.
- Build and maintain unique understanding of supply base, market
conditions, and technology roadmaps.
- Lead strategic sourcing events (RFI/ RFQ/ RFP), supplier
interfacing, as well as dispute resolutions.
- Steer contractual negotiations with suppliers on NDA's,
Purchase Agreements, and Statement of Works.
- Create should-cost models to build program budgets with
Support in timely and CapEx efficient design, execution, and
life cycle sustaining of new factories and equipment projects with
manufacturing engineering partners and key cross-functional
- Drive cost and commercial value negotiations with detailed
- Manage supplier and tiered supplier performance through key
- Monitor capex spend forecast (totals and timing) and risk with
Rivian Finance team.
- Work closely alongside Program Management to support program
requirements, execute against build milestones and track
Communicate directly with senior leadership team on key
strategic supplier and technological decisions:
- Drive commercial and business decisions influencing direction
of the CapEx supply chain with leadership.
- Expand and support planning of Rivian's global CapEx supplier
- 2-5 years of relevant experience (manufacturing, operations, or
- Bachelor's and/or Advanced degree in Engineering, Supply Chain,
- Managed commercial relationships in an Automotive, Electronics
or high-volume manufacturing business.
- Experience working and managing projects globally, and
flexibility to travel.
- Strong understanding of the technology and supplier landscape
in Battery and/or EV manufacturing.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills, high level of
integrity and emotional IQ.
- Analytical skills, technical literacy, and attention to detail
required to solve complex cross-functional issues.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and work in a
- Proficiency in multiple languages a bonus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your
job search or application for employment, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.