Family Office Services - Senior Accountant
Company: Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Our Family Office Services department
handles the daily financial needs for several of our high net worth
clients. We perform and manage individual and entity
bookkeeping and accounting including bill payment, cash flow
budgeting and management, bank account and credit card
reconciliations. We provide monthly/quarterly reporting and
manage all their documents and records. In addition, we
assist with coordinating investment assets, managing capital calls
We are looking for a career-minded and
resourceful professional to join us as a Family Office Senior
Accountant. The right person will be a critical thinker who's
a strong team player with passion and relentless focus on serving
clients and meeting their needs. The role requires a strong
understanding and fluency with accounting and comfort in conversing
and responding to high net worth clients with confidence. It
is essential that you are a self-starter with strong intellectual
curiosity and flexibility to navigate our fast paced
environment. If you have family office or accounting
experience, this is a great opportunity to join a high end
accounting practice in a dynamic and challenging role.
Pending the status of Covid-19, this
position will likely be remote to start. Once our
offices are fully reopened, this role resides in either our San
Francisco or Palo Alto office.
- Preparing and reviewing client balance sheets, cash flow
statements and other financial reports. Thoroughly
understanding and being able to analyze, discuss and explain
- Supervising and training associates and assistants in the
preparation of client deliverables and client service needs.
- Monitor and advise on cash flow needs, including transfers and
- Reconcile and analyze bank/brokerage accounts as well as
private equity and hedge fund capital statements.
- Bill paying and payroll processing.
- Taking an active role in department initiatives to increase
their success, including process implementations, department
trainings, the intern program, and special initiatives indicated by
the Department’s annual plan.
- Demonstrate strong time management skills and the ability to
meet recurring client and statutory deadlines.
- Effectively reviewing the work of associates and assistants.
Your efforts should increase the quality of each client deliverable
and make subsequent reviews notably more efficient.
- Stepping up as engagement manager on a selection of jobs,
working directly with partners, clients and client advisors, as
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- CPA certification is preferred or progress toward a CPA
- Minimum required: Coursework completed for CPA
eligibility in California and a few exams passed
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in a professional or
business environment. Family office services or similar, individual
client service experience is preferred.
- Investment tracking and performance measurement experience
would be a plus
- Payroll experience would be a plus
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- Quickbooks Online and/or Sage Intacct experience would be a
- Excellent communication skills and client service skills
- Experienced working with a high sense of urgency in a fast-paced environment
Applicants must be authorized to work
in the United States. This position is not eligible for sponsorship
and we do not sponsor applicants for work visas. It is our policy
and intent to provide equal opportunity to all persons without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status,
sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or medical
condition as defined in state and federal laws. Pursuant to the San
Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment
qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Keywords: Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP, Palo Alto , Family Office Services - Senior Accountant, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!