Senior Business Growth Manager
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Mercari is Your Marketplace. We make it super easy to sell (or
buy) almost anything. We all have things we don't use, never used,
or simply outgrew. But that stuff still has value. Mercari gives
you the power to simply sell it, ship it, and earn some cash for
it. Fashion to toys. Sporting goods to electronics. All the brands
you know and love. Our mission is simple: to make selling easier
than buying. And with 50M+ downloads in the U.S. and 350k+ new
listings every day, we're just getting started.
At Mercari, great ideas have a way of becoming innovative
products, services, and customer experiences very quickly.
As a Senior Business Growth Manager, you will be part of the
Special Projects Team that develops and scales new strategic
business initiatives for the company. You will be in charge of
growing the Mercari Now service, our new C2C marketplace that
enables users to buy and sell locally without meetups. You will
craft and execute the go-to-market plan for Mercari Now. You will
identify and test top performing channels, run campaigns, analyze
their performance and use the insights to devise growth tactics.
You will have to move fast, test quickly and cheaply, gather
insights and pivot as necessary. You'll be intimately familiar with
the competitive landscape, various marketing channels, user
acquisition/retention metrics, CRM deployment and analysis tools.
You will project manage the growth activities across different
teams and be the single owner for the product's user adoption. In
doing so, you'll work very closely with a wide range of teams from
Product, Brand Marketing, PR, CRM, User Research, Legal and
As a leader on our team, you will be focused on customer and
user acquisition, activation, retention, and upsell of our product.
You will also gather and process customer feedback, and help set up
the team and operations as we scale the product. Additionally, you
will be a critical member of the team as we conceptualize and
develop new strategic initiatives for the company and bring them to
market. You will help shape the product experience and roadmaps so
that people everywhere can successfully sell (and buy) on Mercari.
You help to build a future where all useful things are used.
What you'll do:
- Lead the development and execution of a data-driven growth
strategy for Mercari Now
- Oversee and manage all the growth/marketing initiatives for
- Develop and execute new out-of-the-box experiments to deliver,
target and run marketing campaigns that drive direct impact
- Own the user communications calendar for Mercari Now and ensure
it aligns with the larger company's communication strategy.
Collaborate with CRM, Brand, PR teams on crafting and deploying
various CRM and mass communication campaigns.
- Collaborate with Brand marketing, legal and compliance to
develop assets for your campaigns
- Identify and test channels to reach existing local classifieds
users, including via direct mailers, flyers, community
partnerships, and other offline channels
- Identify key user segments / item categories that resonate with
the product and build strategies to scale them
- Launch and scale nationwide in conjunction with
- Be the expert on the competitive landscape and have a deep
knowledge of competitor product offerings
- Provide feedback to the larger project team on product features
and influence the product roadmap
- Analyze and pull together insights from multiple sources:
users, market data, and competitive analysis. Use these insights to
drive awareness, activation and engagement
- Define and track KPIs and success metrics for your product
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree. MBA preferred
- 6+ years of experience working in the field of growth
marketing, strategy, business development, and/or product
- Past experience in e-commerce, multi-sided platforms or C2C
resale is strongly preferred.
- Experience growth hacking in an early stage start-up or
launching a new product within a larger company
- Experience in designing and executing growth campaigns from the
- Past experience targeting new users using various marketing
- Ability to identify and size different growth opportunities and
the various ways to capitalize on them using qualitative and
- Comfortable with analyzing engagement data and developing
- You are creative and have a love for crafting stories.
- You maintain good judgement and agility in a fast-paced,
entrepreneurial environment, and you can manage multiple timelines,
priorities, and teams with ease.
- Proven track record crafting and delivering messaging,
positioning and GTM Strategies
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities, with
the ability to develop creative solutions for challenging,
- Strong organizational skills with a keen attention to
- Flexible, resourceful, with a bias to action and willingness to
do what is needed to deliver results with limited resources
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; with previous success in
cross-functional collaboration and management by influence
- Prior marketplace or e-commerce experience is a plus. Previous
local classifieds, geography based platform or social/community
platform experience will be strongly preferred
Mercari nurtures an all for one environment where teamwork and
innovative thinking is the priority.
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance options.
- Corporate discounts
- Time when you need it - Flexible vacation days
- Team outings and events
Keywords: Mercari, Palo Alto , Senior Business Growth Manager, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!