Global Medical Director
Company: Professional Diversity Network
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an international biopharmaceutical
company focused on improving patients lives by identifying,
developing and commercializing meaningful products that address
unmet medical needs. We are continuing to expand our commercial
product portfolio and our research and development pipeline in
therapeutic areas that can leverage our unique expertise.
Our therapeutic areas of focus include sleep and
hematology/oncology areas in which we have a deep understanding of
the patient journey and a suite of products and product candidates
to address critical needs.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our
team. If youre looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering
commitment to improving patients lives and being a great place to
work, we hope youll explore our career openings and get to know
The Global Medical Director for the FAAH Inhibitor program will
be the Medical Affairs leader for this molecule globally. As such,
the position will require a deep understanding of the critical role
of Medical Affairs as well as relevant clinical experience in the
areas of psychiatry and/or neuroscience. The person in this role
will be a senior member of Jazzs Global Medical Affairs (GMA)
organization, reporting directly to the Global Medical Affairs,
Therapy Area Head of Neurosciences. This Global Medical Director
will lead and be accountable for the development of the FAAH
Inhibitor annual and long range Integrated Global Medical Plan,
including a detailed integrated evidence generation plan. He or she
will ensure alignment of global strategies and tactics to the
Global Molecule Teams objectives. As such, this individual must
embody strong Medical leadership with communication skills, to
effectively partner with both global and regional colleagues and
counterparts across functions. The person in this role will lead
the Medical Core Team for the molecule and be an active member of
key cross-functional matrix teams at Jazz (e.g. Global Molecule
Team, Development Core Team, and Commercial Development Team). He
or she will use their subject matter expertise to support molecule
related decisions and provide a holistic overview of the GMA
strategy for the molecule. Therefore, this individual must be
highly collaborative and able to excel in global, cross-functional
matrix team settings.
- Lead and develop the annual and long-range global medical plan
for the molecule. Able to harness global insights to develop a
- Lead and develop molecule data generation plans to support the
Global Molecule Team (GMT) objectives.
- Work closely with GMA Clinical Scientists to develop Medical
Affairs led studies including the development of synopses,
protocols and plans.
- Oversee the development of the disease and product scientific
- Craft product medical communication strategy and work closely
with the Medical Communications Team to develop a publication
- Work closely with the Medical Communications Team to develop
core medical materials (e.g. product and disease training, pivotal
studies slide decks) to be disseminated and adapted by the
- Engage with Clinical Development Team to ensure important
clinical evidence gaps are considered in the development
- Work with Commercial Development Team to develop plans and
materials to ensure a successful product launch
- Serve as the single global voice of Medical Affairs at key
- Considered as a subject matter expert in the specific disease
area and the molecule area.
- Maintain strong scientific knowledge of the relevant disease
space and the competitive landscape
- Doctorate degree required. MD degree preferred.
- Clinical experience in psychiatric and/or neurological
- Previous (> 10 years) medical affairs or clinical
development experience in psychiatric and/or neurological disorders
- Experience as a global medical director preferred.
- High degree of professionalism, integrity and collaboration
- Experience with successfully working in a matrix
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with designing, planning and executing phase 4
- Experience with building and executing medical affairs disease
awareness efforts desired.
- Strong leadership, team building, negotiation and ability to
execute a must.
- Ability to travel required.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Professional Diversity Network, Palo Alto , Global Medical Director, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!