Sr. Sales Finance Manager
Company: Dell Inc
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
We are looking for a strategic finance leader to join the Cloud
Sales Finance Team. This team's mission is to provide trusted and
insightful financial information to enable the executive leadership
teams to make effective decisions in maximizing VMware's ROI. This
team also has a strong focus to enhance the quality, efficiency,
and scale of financial information provided.
Job Role and Responsibility
This highly visible person will require the ability to form
strong business partnerships with sales leaders across the Sales
organization to effectively execute and support the Company's
objectives to transition to the cloud. This person will be
responsible for communicating and presenting key insights and
recommendations to the Finance leadership team.
- Business Partner with the Cloud Sales Teams by building
positive relationships with Cloud Sales, Sales Finance, Operations,
and GBU Finance.
- FP&A Lead in handling Sales budget. Oversee all business
planning initiatives in collaboration with the Geo and Sales
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness in bookings & revenue
forecasting, reporting, and analysis.
- Collaborate with Sales, Customer Success, and Finance teams to
provide insight on Revenue actuals and forecasts.
- Inspiring leader driving metrics for enhanced business
monitoring & growth visibility.
- Strong communicator, collaborating on business performance
evaluations with business leaders to build effective strategies and
operating plans, with focus on execution. Strength in succinctly
explaining transactions and business impact to VMware Senior
- Partner with finance team in Bulgaria to prepare financial
- Financially accountable professional ensuring financial
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance/Economics and MBA (or equivalent
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in financial reporting and
analysis, with a strong record of career progression
- 3+ years of recent experience working for High Technology
companies in the Fortune 500 (with prior experience in software
companies being a major plus).
- Excellent social skills along with strong attention to detail
- Inventive, insightful, and willingness to grow.
- Ability to lead diverse cross-functional teams to solve complex
and ambiguous problems.
- Track record of showing leadership in a dynamic, fast-growing
- Hands-on ability with analytical tools & systems. Experience in
SAP HANA, Hyperion, and dealing with large datasets from
- Expert Proficiency in Excel, solid experience with
- Strong verbal and written communication. Able to distill and
present complex financial analysis into recommendations that are
easily understood by Sr. management.
- Strong social and leadership skills to influence and build
credibility with finance and business leaders.
- Confirmed experience leading, managing, and developing a
- Highly motivated, hands on person who is detailed oriented and
- Excellent analytical skills with proven ability to develop
analytical vision and persuade leaders using sound financial
evidence to support changes.
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based
immigration sponsored by VMware.
This role is based out of VMware's Palo Alto, CA office and open
to candidates in the surrounding areas.
Category : Finance
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-11
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has
the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We
look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make
technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and
security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation
for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are
transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of
what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion,
integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of
Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a
work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race,
color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex
(including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability,
HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment
based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants
of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to
employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local
law. Job ID: R2107130
Keywords: Dell Inc, Palo Alto , Sr. Sales Finance Manager, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!