Senior Director, Forecasting
Company: Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharmaceutical company
dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with
serious diseases - often with limited or no options. We have a
diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product
candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in key
therapeutic areas. Our focus is in neuroscience, including sleep
medicine and movement disorders, and in oncology, including
hematologic and solid tumors. We actively explore new options for
patients including novel compounds, small molecule advancements,
biologics and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is
headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the
globe, serving patients in more than 90 countries.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our
team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an
unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a
great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and
get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Senior Director of Forecasting is a senior leader
responsible for leading and providing oversight for near-term
revenue forecasting for the Jazz North America product portfolio.
This team leader position reports to the Vice President of North
America Business Operations (NABO).
This individual will lead a team in the development of monthly,
quarterly and annual revenue forecasts for in-line and launching
products, including objective analysis of forecast sensitivity
based on market drivers. This individual will provide strategic
leadership and guidance in advising senior leader decision makers
on business risks and opportunities and gain organizational
alignment on quarterly and annual revenue targets for the North
This individual will contribute to the overall advancement of
the North America Business Operations organization as a member of
the NABO Leadership Team. The individual will also collaborate with
forecasting leaders across Jazz to shape and guide the
methodologies and practices used to elevate our forecasting
capabilities and processes. This leader should exemplify resilience
and build a team that can adapt to changing and/or challenging
market conditions as we work toward our mission for patients.
- Provide vision, direction and management to advance forecasting
capabilities in delivering monthly and annual forecasts for in-line
products that build deep understanding of brand and portfolio
- Attract, develop and retain a team of high performing
forecasting professionals to provide strategic and tactical
guidance on business risks and opportunities to brand teams based
in data and insightful analysis of market performance.
- Collaborate with cross functional leadership including
Marketing and Sales, Market Access, Business Operations, Finance,
Accounting, Technical Operations and others to develop, align on
and communicate forecasts and progress against forecast.
- Present and/or guide team to present clear and compelling key
findings to relevant stakeholders, and elevate findings of
strategic significance to key decision makers.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of results in support of
forecasting process milestones, and drive continuous improvement of
- Provide coaching and guidance to team to ensure ongoing
professional development of team members.
- Advance the forecasting function and processes at Jazz by
leveraging continuous learning to grow team and organizational
capabilities and evaluating department structure to deliver against
- Anticipate and manage to resource/staffing requirements to
support a dynamic organization.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven experience in quantitative data analytics and forecast
modeling experience, including uncertainty modeling
- Demonstrated ability to translate unstructured business
challenges into an analytical framework
- Excellent understanding of industry and market dynamics and
- Advanced problem-solving, analytical and organization
- Excellent people leadership, communication & interpersonal
- Deep-experience with pharmaceutical data sources (e.g.,
Symphony, IQVIA, EHR)
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to foster a culture of compliance ensuring adherence to
all compliance policies
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- BA or BS with concentration in Life Sciences, Business or
Mathematics; advanced degree preferred and/or forecasting
experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
Description of Physical Demands
- Occasional mobility within office environment
- Routinely sitting for extended periods of time
- Consistently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other
similar office machinery
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent computer use at workstation
- May move from one work location to another occasionally
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include
working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business
- Occasional public contact requiring appropriate business
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Palo Alto , Senior Director, Forecasting, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!