Product Designer, Visual Search and Augmented Reality
Company: Amazon.com, Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Are you ready to drive the next generation of shopping
innovations at Amazon? When words just aren't enough to describe
what customers are looking for, they often turn to other methods
such as camera-based search, or using the picture of a celebrity to
find inspiration for their fashion purchases. When images aren't
enough to convince customers that a piece of furniture will look
good, they want to turn to Augmented Reality to envision how that
furniture item would match their living room dcor.
Starting in 2009, the Visual Search team has thus far launched
many visual search solutions on the Amazon App that use computer
vision and machine learning/deep learning to help customers
complete their shopping missions more easily; multiple internal
teams at Amazon (devices, Kindle, Seller services, etc.) also use
our libraries and APIs to deliver solutions to their own customers.
We are a full stack shop, and our team capabilities cover the whole
solution spectrum, ranging across applied science (Computer Vision
and Deep Learning), large scale engineering services, product
management, UX design, and mobile app development for iOS and
Android. However, it's still Day 1, and this is your chance to make
history in the new era of shopping.
The Visual Search & Augmented Reality team is looking for a
talented, creative, and customer-obsessed Product Designer to join
the team in our downtown Palo Alto, CA location.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of
the product development process, from conceptualizing the next
generation of visual shopping applications to designing incremental
features. You will be expected to use your full range of product
design, interaction design, and visual design skills, including
your advanced prototyping expertise.
You are strategic and highly collaborative and will work closely
with a team of passionate designers, product managers, and software
developers to create the conceptual and interaction flows and
prototypes for new and existing applications and experiences. You
will be a leading voice for customers, diving deep on their needs
and aspirations to help them realize their goals. Along the way,
you will be expected to use your full range of interaction design,
prototyping and production skills. You will also mentor and coach
- Research, build and iterate on new concepts and experiential
- Define CX strategy and develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes,
and interactive prototypes for testing and iteration purposes.
- Partner with Designers, PMs and Data Scientists to analyze
customer behavior and generate new ideas for improving customer
- Partner closely with the engineering team to develop production
grade design deliverables and provide post launch support.
- Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and
- Present design work to the product and design team and Amazon
executives for review and feedback
- Advocate for customer centric design not only within Visual
Search and AR but across Amazon as well
- 4+ years of experience as a product designer
- A portfolio demonstrating examples of prototypes, concepts and
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and tablet design, as well
as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI),
or equivalent professional experience
- Experience in working with immersive technologies like AR/VR
and designing for spacial experiences
- Strong visual design skills and experience with working within
existing design systems and branding.
- A strong track record of iterative design, working closely with
customers and peers and developers from inception through
- Ability to work gracefully and have a bias for action in a
fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Ability to drive the design review cycle and close on design
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal
- Past experience in designing and launching new v1 consumer
products in new markets.
- Experience relying on analytics and data to shape product
- Understanding of computer vision
- Master's degree in Design, HCI, or related field
- Experience with agile/scrum
- Experience with usability user testing approaches and best
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon
is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual
orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other
legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who
would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Keywords: Amazon.com, Inc., Palo Alto , Product Designer, Visual Search and Augmented Reality, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!