Mobility Coach (EMTs/Trainers/Educators) - Palo Alto, CA
Company: Atlas Lift Tech
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
About the Company:
Atlas Lift Tech, Inc. transforms the way care delivery
organizations deploy and manage comprehensive Mobility programs
through our innovative Mobility Coach Model and Mobility Tracking
Software Platform. Mobility Coaches are specially trained and
become integrated into each facility – helping to empower care
staff through supportive bedside training methods, reducing
provider injury, mitigating risk and boosting caregiver morale.
Along with the Mobility Coaches, we embed our proprietary software
system, LiftTracker, into each facility to provide real time task
tracking and scheduling. As such, the platform delivers predictive
analytics containing operational reporting data to enable
efficiencies and improvements within patient mobilization. We pride
ourselves on our mission to produce a sustainable culture of
safety, making a difference in the lives of everyone around us. We
are a fast-growing healthcare services company partnering with
healthcare facilities across the United States and channel partners
across the globe. The quality of our people is our highest priority
and we invest in them to grow with the company in turn that helps
us to grow! If you would like to be part of a company where over
90% of our employees enjoy their jobs, here is an opportunity for
About the Role:
As a Mobility Coach, you will work as part of a team at the
hospital to train existing hospital staff about proper lifting
techniques and the use of lifting equipment. The Mobility Coach
will assist with performing equipment-assisted lifts, transfers,
turns, and re-positions of patients in clinical environments from
admission to discharge. Our goal is to help prevent injuries to
hospital staff and patients too.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Educate hospital staff about safe patient handling
- Train and assist with patient lifts and other patient handling
maneuvers, as delegated by the supervisor in collaboration with the
- Utilize patient handling equipment, transfer devices and
protective equipment in compliance with hospital policies and
patient handling protocols while using proper lifting techniques
and body mechanics.
- Enter records of each lift to analyze key performance
indicators using Atlas’ proprietary software with timeliness and
- Exercise excellent communication, prioritization, and
- Provide personable and professional customer service.
- Be energetic and thrive in a fast-paced, human-centered
- Ability and desire to learn new skills.
- Work independently with the ability to initiate interaction
when in need of assistance or support.
- Be a valued teammate; be responsive to and supportive of your
- Be able to lift 35 pounds and stand/walk for a full shift.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Possess strong customer service and communication skills.
- Be able to be extremely punctual, responsible and
- Have flexibility to work day/night/weekend shifts including
holidays if needed.
- Have the ability to travel to/from worksite using reliable
- Possess sound judgment; be able to make good decisions under
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be proactive and be able to take action to avoid problems
- Able to communicate quickly and clearly internally and
- Be computer/tablet proficient and able to navigate both
mainstream and proprietary software.
- Current CPR/ BLS Certified with American Heart Association
- High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds and stand/walk for a full
- Must pass a medical screening and drug screening.
- Strong desire to have a career rather than a job, and to grow
with the company.
- Possess the drive to exceed expectations and lead by
- Look sharp in our scrubs!
- Desire to be part of a growing, innovative company and
contribute to its culture.
- 6+ months experience working with patients in a healthcare
and/or ambulatory environment.
- Experience with coaching or training.
- Military experience is a plus, but not necessary.
- EMS/EMT/Paramedics/Nursing/Physical Therapy experience is a
plus, but not necessary.
At Atlas we pride ourselves on the quality of our people, and we
invest in them in hopes that each individual will not only grow
with the company but also help us grow. From the executive
leadership team to the Mobility coaches, we genuinely enjoy what we
do and are proud to be the pioneers in SPHM. Employees are valued
and appreciated, and we let them know it. How many companies do you
know that sends each employee a birthday card and a personalized
memo from the COO on their work anniversary, and has fun monthly
contests with awesome prizes?!
Our benefit package is very robust and is always evolving. Below
is a list of some of the benefits to working at Atlas:
- Fully paid 5-day training academy to teach you how to be a
- Competitive compensation package
- Night shift differential and holiday pay
- Generous employee referral bonus program
- Company paid uniform and annual footwear subsidy
- CPR re-certification reimbursement program
- Free health screens and annual immunizations
- Promotional opportunities and internal transfer opportunities
- Free online education and training access
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance *
- Medical Flexible Spending Account *
- Dependent Care Account *
- Parking Commuter Benefits *
- Transit Commuter Benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Legal Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Basic & Voluntary Life Insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program
- Vacation/Sick Leave *
- And much more!
* Must be full-time to qualify
Atlas Lift Tech, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All
aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote,
discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence,
performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national
origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition,
pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status
protected under federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: Atlas Lift Tech, Palo Alto , Mobility Coach (EMTs/Trainers/Educators) - Palo Alto, CA, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!