Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Location: open to both Irvine, CA and Palo Alto, CA.
In this position, you will lead the central program management
team for the Electrical Engineering organization with Rivian. This
team is responsible the design and/or resourcing of all the
electrical and electronic components within Rivian vehicles.
In this role the candidate will mentor a team of program
managers to support all activities of the electrical
This will involve:
- Partnering with the larger vehicle product organization to
ensure key program requirements, milestones and initiatives are
- Supporting the development of all in house Electronic Control
- Supporting the resourcing of third-party components
- Supporting the development of automotive harnesses
- Partnering with supply chain to ensure our products are
manufactured to specification and received on time
- Partnering with manufacturing for new product
- Partnering with service and reliability to ensure all issues
relating to our parts are addressed
In this role the candidate may individually take on any of the
above responsibilities at any time, but the key measure of success
will be the ability of the candidate to build a successful team
that is capable of executing all the above-mentioned tasks.
The successful candidate will meet a large number of the
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or
- Experience with program management for products involving
significant electrical content
- Prior experience managing a team of program managers or
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Engineering (Electrical or
Mechanical or Physics)
- Experience with automotive environments
- Experience with contract manufacturing and supply chain
- Experience working on high volume products
- Experience working in aggressive design environments
- Willing to travel, predominantly national, and some
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your
job search or application for employment, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.