Company: Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharmaceutical company
dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with
serious diseases - often with limited or no options. We have a
diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product
candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in key
therapeutic areas. Our focus is in neuroscience, including sleep
medicine and movement disorders, and in oncology, including
hematologic and solid tumors. We actively explore new options for
patients including novel compounds, small molecule advancements,
biologics and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is
headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the
globe, serving patients in more than 90 countries.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our
team. If youre looking to be a part of a company with an unwavering
commitment to improving patients lives and being a great place to
work, we hope youll explore our career openings and get to know
The Director will join the North America Financial Planning &
Analysis (NA FP&A) team reporting to the Executive Director, NA
FP&A. Primary responsibilities will be to provide ongoing
financial planning and business partnering support to the Market
Access organization, support the development of their
quarterly/annual operating plan, manage the forecast process and
provide analytical support for Senior Finance Management & the
Executive team. The Director will also be responsible for leading
the process to evaluate, recommend and record monthly Gross to Net
(GtN) discount accruals and balance sheet liabilities for the US
product portfolio. This individual will provide segment mix and
discount rate guidance to revenue forecasters and provide business
advisement to the NA Market Access team, providing sound integrated
financial support on both strategic and tactical financial issues.
This role will build and maintain a strong partnership between
FP&A and functional teams and facilitate cross-functional
discussions and analysis.
This role will be based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Coordinate the planning and forecasting processes for the
Market Access organization to deliver on corporate objectives;
review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and
changes and keep senior leadership abreast of the organizations
- Lead the GtN process for evaluating and recording proper
accruals, including related compliance requirements. Interact
proactively with related functional areas to ensure appropriate
revenue accounting and financial reporting.
- Monitor actual claims versus accrual and make adjustments as
- Estimate gross to net rates to support forecasts and budgets
for key products across all GtN categories inclusive of Medicaid,
Medicare, Tricare, Commercial Rebates, Chargebacks, Product
Returns, and Prompt Pay discounts, etc.
- Perform revenue deduction impact analysis (price erosion,
returns, pricing decision support).
- Support fact based decision making and rigorously assess
business initiatives and assumptions on an on-going basis; Partner
with business on decision-making and investments through sound
- Ensure timely and accurate compliance with financial reporting,
remittance requirements, processing, and revenue recognition.
- Remain current with developments in the industry, and in the
various areas of company operations, as they pertain to the revenue
- Partner with Accounting on the monthly close process, assess
actual results compared to those forecasted/planned and implement
directional changes as necessary in the Latest Estimate.
- Identify improvements or methods that can be utilized to narrow
the differences between forecast and actual results.
- Collaborate with key partners to identify areas for process
improvements, develop innovative solutions and drive changes.
- The position will manage a small team and there will be
matrixed support to this role as needed from across the North
America FP&A team.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting or Business
Administration, MBA and/or CPA preferred.
- A minimum of eight years post qualification experience with
strong financial planning and analysis, including experience
working in the pharmaceuticals industry supporting commercial
organizations and in-depth knowledge of the accounting practices
required. Prior experience with modeling and accruals
- Extensive understanding of role of Market Access/payer segments
in US Pharmaceutical market.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills; ability to work
with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional
and business boundaries.
- Strong planning and analytical skills, including superior
financial modeling, Excel, and financial database systems
skills/knowledge (SAP BPC, Adaptive Planning,, Hyperion Planning,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Palo Alto , Financial Director, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!