Director Partner Incentives & Investments
Company: VMware, Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Global Customer Lifecycle Incentives Director will be
responsible for driving the creation, execution, and management of
the Solution, Distribution, Big Bets and Sales Rewards Programs,
for Channel Partners in the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific
regions. This individual will be responsible for working with
segment and regional sales, route to market leaders & marketing
owners to develop & implement the program strategy, planning, and
infrastructure that incentivizes our fully enabled Channel Partners
throughout the customer lifecycle. This role will closely work with
key stakeholders in Sales, Route to Market, Operations, Finance and
IT to ensure a successful platform is in place to support
calculations, impact analysis and the program design to drive
company goals. The Programs utilize operational infrastructure
while working closely with our Route to Market Team to plan and
design rebate incentives. Fiscal responsibility for program
utilization and forecasting is a requirement.
The Customer Lifecycle Incentives Director is a well-rounded
individual who has excellent communication, organizational,
strategical, financial/analytical and interpersonal skills. The
role requires a proven track record in messaging/positioning,
program strategy and management, vendor management, forecasting,
and broad execution capabilities. A requirement is to motivate,
leverage, and manage internal stakeholders on a project basis in
order to accomplish the investment strategy. The role will train,
mentor and lead a team of program managers. As needed the
individual will partake in talent sourcing and cross functional
- Lead cross-functional teams to define strategy of the programs
VMware needs to implement.
- Develop program models and operational support to drive
VMware's channel goals.
- Assist development of financial model(s) that identify the
impact of the programs globally.
- Identify infrastructure to support the business requirements as
necessary with new program goals.
- Develop the launch plan and timeline necessary to implement
- Develop the metrics and track those metrics back to the
business requirements of the program.
- Create customer, channel partner, and internal, program
documents to clearly identify the benefits, terms and conditions,
rules of engagement, and marketing collateral to support programs
- Manage sales, business unit, Go-To Market, and marketing team
feedback on the program once launched and effectively implement a
roadmap of change that maps to the VMware business
- Drive the requirements of the systems necessary to support the
program and the enhancements to the infrastructure that is built to
support the channel partner programs.
- Drive internal processes and methodologies to evaluate and
model the potential impact of new channel partner incentive and
customer discounting scenarios and inclusion of new products.
- Consult with global marketing managers, finance, executives,
and sales, to help identify, design, and implement the business
processes necessary to implement a successful set of channel
partner incentive for VMware globally.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree required. MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in Partner Programs, Channel
Sales/Marketing management, Sales Operations, or Finance
- Knowledge and familiarity with a control environment such as
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in a fast-paced
- Previous experience in managing cross functional teams and
- Demonstrated success in project management and process
- Intermediate skill level in data analysis and use of Excel
- Excellent organization skills, including ability to manage
multiple tasks and projects, and an ability to prioritize and meet
- Ability to relate effectively to a wide range of
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel 10% of the time
- This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based
immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age,
physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil
union or domestic partnership status, past or present military
service, family medical history or genetic information, family or
parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not
tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware
will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have
protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Keywords: VMware, Inc., Palo Alto , Director Partner Incentives & Investments, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!