Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the worlds' best talent to realize
our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work
passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology
solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we
want to hear from you.
The Product Manager initiates and collaborates on the design,
development, execution and implementation of new technologies and
techniques for radiation treatment planning. The Product Manager is
responsible for product planning and execution throughout the
product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product
and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working
closely with engineering, sales, marketing and support to ensure
revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. The Product
Manager's job also includes ensuring that the product supports the
company's overall strategy and goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Define the product strategy and roadmap
- Understand the customers' needs around radiation treatment
planning and prioritize requirements to optimize customer
satisfaction and product revenue/profitability.
- Deliver MRDs and PRDs with prioritized features and
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and
- Maintain substantial knowledge of state-of-the-art principles
and theories, contributing to scientific literature and
representing Varian a scientific meetings
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Act as a leader within the company
The Product Manager will be a proven influencer requiring
seasoned project-management experience, broad operational/ product
experience, and display business leadership with proven track
record of executing in a challenging business environment,
experience navigating sensitive issues with executives ranging from
Directors to VPs.
You are self-motivated and like to create new processes and
optimize existing ones across departments, and have sufficient
management experience and people skills to understand how change
can be implemented effectively; you understand company-wide change
management strategies and practices. You have demonstrated ability
to develop and facilitate cross departmental meetings and build
consensus amongst disparate groups.
Success will require experience with and a thorough
understanding of radiation treatment planning, software solutions,
ability to work with SW teams, familiarity with modern software
deployment technologies, defining platform requirements, and
developing cost models that can be incorporated into our pricing
and quoting tools. A proven track record for collaborative
influence across organizations, and demonstrated experience as a
change agent for initiatives that encompass substantial change
impacting people, process, and technology.
- Master's Degree in Medical Physics (Medical Physics PhD
- 5+ years' product management experience
- Excellent time management and project prioritization
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Ability to think strategically, multi-task, delegate, meet
deadlines, and with attention to minute detail
- Must have high tolerance to ambiguity
- Outstanding written and spoken communication skills
- Demonstrated experience building and deploying SaaS / Managed
- Intimate understanding for why customers purchase software
managed services and demonstrated experience building solutions to
exceed these expectations
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this
vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single
day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and
intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror
of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come
from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique
individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your
whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective
will help to power more victories over cancer.