Sales Finance Manager
Company: Palantir Technologies
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
A World-Changing Company
At Palantir, we're passionate about building software that
solves problems. We partner with the most important institutions in
the world to transform how they use data and technology. Our
software has been used to stop terrorist attacks, discover new
medicines, gain an edge in global financial markets, and more. If
these types of projects excite you, we'd love for you to join
As a Finance Manager on the Sales Finance team, you will
identify, build, and provide insights into key financial metrics
and reporting packages. You will be helping the team develop
strategies to improve on business-critical processes and be
directly responsible for executing them. The ideal candidate has
excellent analytical skills and business acumen, strong
collaborative abilities, and a track record of working with large
data sets and creating reports that enables data-driven decision
- Design and create weekly, monthly, quarterly dashboards and
KPI's to help monitor and identify key business trends across all
lines of business.
- Provide thorough strategic and operational metrics by building
key data sets, and defining data and analysis requirements for
reporting and operational needs, automating/streamlining the
process where feasible.
- Collaborate with our Sales/Deal Team leaders to be the owner of
the pipeline forecast, analyzing and comparing it against actual
results; monitoring variances, identifying trends, and recommending
changes to leadership.
- Support our strategic and financial planning process, the
annual plan, quarterly forecasting, and the monthly lockdown.
- Ad hoc analysis that may be required by FP&A team.
What We Value
- 5+ years of progressive experience in business or financial
analytics preferred (with Sales Finance experience a plus).
- BA/BS or MA/MS (preferred) in Finance, Economics, Math, or
another analytical field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in defining metrics, doing quantitative analysis,
advanced data reporting and communicating actionable insights.
- Strong experience with complex data modeling in at least one of
the following: Excel, VBA, SQL, or MATLAB; familiarity with
additional modeling platforms is always a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and execute with the
highest level of accuracy.
- Willingness to get involved, and work both collaboratively and
independently in an unstructured environment.
Palantir is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and
Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon
race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including
pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a
protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or
other applicable legally protected characteristics. Palantir is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the
United States Department of Labor's EEO poster and EEO poster
supplement for additional information.
Keywords: Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto , Sales Finance Manager, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!