Manager, Automotive User Research
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
As the Manager of our Automotive User Research team, you will
lead a team and work hands-on to create the best possible user
vehicle user experience. You will use your broad knowledge to
inspire, mentor and enable the researchers on your team to build
industry best experiences.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and direction for a small team of
researchers across various levels of experience
- Work with Designers, Product Managers, Software Engineers and
others to prioritize research opportunities.
- Report to the Director of user research
- Set and maintain industry benchmarks using SUS and NPS as
- Develop, own, and lead the user research roadmap across
multiple vehicle programs.
- Help determine and validate product feature sets
- Work on automotive display UI as well as general vehicle
- Develop personas through market studies
- Lead competitive benchmarking of competitors to make
recommendations to help influence current and future vehicles.
- Utilize in-person and online tools for testing
- Master's degree in a Human-Computer Interaction related
- 5-10 years of relevant management experience within User
Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, applied research setting,
and/or product research and development ideally in an automotive
- Have a broad skillset of qualitative and quantitative
- Experience with research design utilizing various methods
including but not limited to focus groups, usability studies,
contextual inquiry, and surveys.
- Survey experience with Qualtrics or similar
- Passionate about the automotive and transportation
- Comfortable using either Qualitative or Quantitative methods as
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your
job search or application for employment, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Palo Alto , Manager, Automotive User Research, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!