Radio Frequency Engineer
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Radio Frequency Engineer
SCITON is an industry leader and manufacturer of
medical aesthetic lasers and light source technologies. With a
vision to improve people's lives, our top-tier devices are built to
order with integrity by pioneering, customer-focused, and
At the heart of it, innovation is a fundamental cornerstone of our
culture. We strongly believe that new ideas can come from anyone,
anywhere, at any time and embrace an open-door culture that
welcomes and fosters individuals who are creative, driven,
passionate, and willing to take the lead with us. Join us for an
opportunity to grow and make an impact.
Life At Sciton
At Sciton, people matter. We are more than
a company; we are a family, which is why we give all our
About The Team
- The support, recognition, and room to grow their careers within
- Empowerment to develop their creative genius and encouragement
to be lifelong learners.
- Incentives for creativity and innovation across the
Sciton, an established but growing aesthetic
medical device company in Palo Alto, California, seeks a technical
and enthusiastic RF electrical engineer who can work closely with
the CEO and Sr. Director on challenging RF projects for biomedical
applications. These include design, simulation, development, and
testing of RF power supplies (400 kHz to 10 MHz: 100 W and above),
transmission lines, near-field antennae, and
high-power/high-voltage flashlamp switching supplies. Also, the
engineer will work with the engineering, software, marketing, and
leadership teams to aggressively drive product development.
The successful candidate will have a strong technical background
and a proven track record in developing and bringing complex
systems to market. Sciton has an active in-house research and
development team and an intellectually stimulating environment. As
a growing company, Sciton also provides excellent opportunities for
recognition and career advancement for driven employees.
In This Role, You Will
- Conception, design, prototyping, and testing of RF hardware and
software, including component selection, schematic capture, and PCB
- Design of validation and calibration plans for RF measurements
- Study of existing products to understand and improve upon
performance and assembly processes, as well as to improve
specifications and direction for suppliers.
- Knowledge of emerging RF devices and technologies.
- Collaboration with colleagues in marketing and leadership.
- Documentation and presentation of progress at weekly
- Encouragement of a culture of continuous progress.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and work on multiple projects
- MSc or higher in electrical engineering, physics, chemistry or
similar, with experience in Radio Frequency design.
- Knowledge of RF engineering design practices such as cable
length optimization, Radio Frequency shielding, calibration,
- Knowledge of RF measurement techniques and equipment
(standing-wave ratio measurements, power meters, network, and
spectrum analyzers, etc.)
- Experience with switching high-voltage power supplies and
design practices, and frequency-tuning methods.
- Experience with Mathematica, MATLAB, Python, or similar for
- Candidates with fluency in Wolfram Mathematica are strongly
preferred, although those with demonstrated ability with similar
languages and willingness to learn will be considered.
- Knowledge of Spice and Altium.
- Familiarity with high frequency printed circuit board design
techniques and layout.
- Familiarity with high-power discrete component matching
- 2-5 years' experience in a product development environment or
- Demonstrated ability to work hands-on and finish long-term
- Ability to work and communicate ideas effectively to
What Sciton Offers You
- Experience with C++ or Qt.
- Experience with FCC/CE testing and certifications.
- Experience with modeling and simulation software such as
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems scientifically and
- Experience with fabrication techniques for rapid development
and testing of components.
- Competitive health benefits
- Income Protection
- Time off
- Professional Development
- Stock Options
- Discounted Programs
- Reward Programs
Keywords: Sciton, Palo Alto , Radio Frequency Engineer, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!