Head of Legal, General Counsel
Company: Step Mobile
Location: palo alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Step is a next-generation financial services company building
the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve
financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Steps
mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become
smarter with your money and reward you along your financial
journey. Step is a well-funded Series B company focused on
disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer
experience. The founding team has an extensive background in
FinTech and building successful consumer products and brands. If
youre looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission
and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Step is looking for an experienced General Counsel, who will be
responsible for leading and handling cutting-edge and complex legal
projects and matters involving financial regulatory and other
regulatory compliance areas. You must have the flexibility to adapt
to changing priorities and organizational needs. In addition, you
must have the ability to operate independently in a fast-paced,
small but growing environment and work collaboratively with
internal product, compliance and engineering teams. Your advice and
creativity will help shape the legal, product, and technology
strategy for our entire business.
- Navigate a complex landscape to help design innovative
financial products and services.
- Work with compliance to develop strategy with
applicable laws and regulations relating to privacy, security,
consumer protection and financial services.
- Review and advise on pending and developing applicable law and
- Provide contracting support and advice on matters relating to
financial services offerings.
- Review and draft related agreements (e.g. card processing,
cloud services, and vendor services agreements).
- Build processes to improve the companys operating efficiency
and mitigate legal risk.
- J.D. degree from an ABA accredited law school and membership in
at least one U.S. state bar
- 5+ years experience doing financial services regulatory
- 7+ years experience as a practicing attorney
- Proficient knowledge of relevant rules and regulations,
including, but not limited to, FCRA, BSA, USA Patriot Act, OFAC
rules, Truth in Lending, Reg E and Reg Z.
- Experience leading projects with cross-functional
- Experience working with mobile and other Internet and
technology companies, preferably startups at the Series A+
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and providing
direction and leadership under tight deadlines
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and
- Stock in an early stage startup that is growing
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Free daily lunches
- Free snacks & drinks
- Monthly team events outside the office
- Monthly stipend for commuter benefits and card testing
- Office right next to Caltrain
Step was founded by financial industry veterans CJ MacDonald and
Alexey Kalinichenko to provide teens and their families with
financial tools for todays modern-day banking needs and to promote
financial literacy for the future. The founding team has 50+ years
in combined financial technology experience across companies like
Gyft, First Data, Square and Google.
TheStep Card isissued byEvolve Bank&Trust, Member FDIC.
Pursuant tolicense byVisa.
2021 Step Mobile Inc. All rights reserved.
Keywords: Step Mobile, Palo Alto , Head of Legal, General Counsel, Other , palo alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!