Sr. Product Manager, Stereotactic Radiosurgery
Company: Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, we bring together the world's best talent to realize
our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work
passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology
solutions. If you want to be part of this important mission, we
want to hear from you.
Remote U.S. - Preferred location is Palo Alto, CA
About the job:
Varian is seeking an innovative and passionate individual who,
as Senior Product Manager, will support the sale of stereotactic
radiosurgery (SRS) solutions, drive the commercialization of said
solutions and will work with product development teams to define
and develop future innovations. You will be responsible for
supporting global sales of SRS solutions by serving as product and
clinical expert; gathering Voice of Customer feedback through
interviews and hands-on product evaluations and translating
existing and future customer needs into formal product
requirements; driving cross-functional teams including product
development, regulatory, manufacturing, operations, and sales to
commercialize products from concept phase to broad launch ensuring
customer needs are met; gathering and analyzing data and business
intelligence from internal and external sources to develop and
maintain product and competitive roadmaps.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Formulate the upstream product strategy for the SRS portfolio.
Collect and analyze market information and define existing market
- Formulate the specification of new products based on available
technology, components and existing market situation in order to
have new products available in short and long term.
- Translate a general product plan into clear detailed product
specifications for development.
- Drive the market introduction of new products.
What you will do:
- Provide upstream/product lifecycle leadership for SRS solutions
including the target product profile, pricing recommendations,
development of key claims, and analysis of commercial value.
- Define the product strategy and roadmap, be a voice into the
overall Varian portfolio process.
- Deliver use cases, requirements, documentation with prioritized
features and corresponding business rationale support.
- Work with external third parties to assess partnerships and
- Collaborate with medical affairs to create evidence generation
- Understand the stereotactic radiosurgery global landscape and
- Develop the core positioning and contribute to messaging for
- Develop target pricing strategies to meet revenue and
- Work with downstream marketing to develop sales tools and
- Brief and train the sales force at periodic sales
- Be an active and direct contributor and participation within
- Own Product Management elements and deliveries on NPI
What you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA, Master of Science a plus
- 10+ years' experience in product management/marketing
- Clinical or technical background, with experience in
stereotactic radiosurgery and radiation therapy
- Proven success developing business plans and managing business
- Experience on integrating products in solutions
- Install Base (IB) and Product Lifecycle management leadership
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent teamwork and analytical skills
What will set you apart:
- Experience in sales (sales training support)
- Formal project management training
- Experience in healthcare
- Experienced with Agile development
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this
vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single
day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and
intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror
of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come
from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique
individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your
whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective
will help to power more victories over cancer.
Keywords: Varian Medical Systems, Inc., Palo Alto , Sr. Product Manager, Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!