Power System Integration Engineer
Company: Tesla Motors
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
To ensure Tesla's overall mission of accelerating the world's
transition to sustainable energy, the Tesla Energy team is bringing
our world leading battery technology to the grid.Tesla is
leveraging its breakthrough firmware, electronics, test, and
manufacturing capability to develop and deploy grid connected
storage at residential, industrial, and utility levels.
Tesla Energy is looking for an amazing engineer who is
passionate about integration of software, hardware, and mechanical
design to drive the world's transition to a sustainable future. We
emphasize collaboration in our work, and always encourage each
other to have fun while we change the world together.
- Perform hardware and firmware integration of next generation
Tesla industrial energy storage.
- Firmware/software development and validation in C, C++ for grid
- Designing and implementing next generation automated test
infrastructure to fully capture BESS system with grid interaction
- Lead and own test plan definition for new products with
continuous feedback for new hardware revisions.
- Lead and own firmware validation, new features definition,
firmware regression, and firmware releases.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues with hardware and
firmware during system bring up, utility performance, and grid
- Debug and fix hardware and firmware issues on complex, high
power/high voltage products.
- Key leader of FMEA as part of the product design, integration,
and test process.
- BS or higher in engineering related field or proof of
exceptional skills in related fields, with practical engineering
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software
engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in
a complex product.
- Exceptional analytical problem-solving skills, able to identify
and surface issues within complex HW/SW systems.
- Effective communicator and excellent attention to detail.
- Understanding of hardware and software development
- Remain engaged, proactive and positive in tough circumstances,
owning assignments and taking full accountability.
- Working understanding of how grid-tied storage systems function
and interact with the grid.
- AC connected power electronics control design/test
- Previous systems integration experience, working closely with
power system and modelling.
- Fluent with the embedded microprocessor design process:
compilers, debuggers, and Git.
- Experience with renewable energy products and/or electricity
- Experience working with high power (50kW+) and/or high voltage
(1kVDC, 480VAC) products.
- Experience with programs such as PSCAD, RSCAD, MATLAB, EMT type
of modelling preferred.
- Experience in Hardware-In the-Loop-System preferred.
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Palo Alto , Power System Integration Engineer, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!