Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever.
This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we
build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what's possible, never
simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old
problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that
are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a
love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future
We operate development centers in Plymouth, Michigan; Southern
California (Irvine, Carson & LA); Silicon Valley (San Jose and Palo
Alto); Vancouver, British Columbia; and Surrey, England; as well as
a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.
Rivian is looking for technical writers to create product
documentation for electric vehicles, accessories, charging
equipment, and enterprise software solutions. The audiences for
this content include vehicle owners, first responders, equipment
installers, and fleet operators.
- Work with cross functional product development teams to develop
documentation plans, including schedules that will allow us to meet
product launch deadlines.
- Develop mockups, storyboards, or other requirements documents
used in the creation of graphics, animations, and video
- Contribute to the development and continuous improvement of
processes, standards, guidelines, templates, and internal
- Follow guidelines governing style, localization, and content
- Develop proficiency with the MadCap Authoring and Management
- Ensure that documentation is complete and accurate by
researching features, interviewing subject matter experts,
performing or coordinating content validation checks, and
participating in peer reviews.
- Continually update vehicle documentation as required to
document features delivered through over-the-air software
- Bachelor's or master's degree in communications, technical
writing, engineering, or technology.
- 5+ years of experience creating documentation for hardware or
software products. Experience documenting automotive vehicles,
charging equipment, or related products is preferred.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems, work with ambiguity,
and be self-motivated.
- Experience developing and refining new processes, standards,
templates, or internal tools.
- Experience using an advanced authoring system such as MadCap
Flare, Author-it, Oxygen XML Editor, Arbortext Epic Editor, or
FrameMaker is preferred.
- Experience performing specialized publishing tasks such
template creation, development and use of content reuse strategies,
and translation management is preferred.
- Ability to manage tasks and information flow using
collaboration software such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoint,
Smartsheet, and Lucidchart.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging work
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all
applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices
laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender
expression, gender identity, genetic information or
characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic
partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or
any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist you with your
job search or application for employment, please email us at
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our
Candidate Privacy Notice.
Keywords: Rivian, Palo Alto , Technical Writer, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!