Senior Principal Industrial Design Engineer
Company: HP Development Company, L.P. MX
Location: palo alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Join a culture as committed to your success as you are
Palo Alto, California, United States of America
Unique mastery and recognized authority on
relevant subject matter knowledge including technologies, theories
and techniques. Contributes to the development of innovative
principles and ideas. Successfully operates in the most complex
disciplines, in which the company must operate to be successful.
Provides highly innovative solutions. Leads large, cross-division
functional teams or projects that affect the organization?s
long-term goals and objectives. May participate in cross-division,
multi-function teams. Provides mentoring and guidance to lower
level employees. Routinely exercises independent judgment in
developing methods, techniques and criteria for achieving
objectives. Develops strategy and sets functional policy and
direction. Acts as a functional manager within area of expertise
but does not manage other employees as a primary job function.
(TCP review board required in TCP families)
- Develops organization-wide architectures and design language
for industrial design and development across multiple platforms and
organizations within the Global Business Unit.
- Identifies and evaluates new technologies, innovations, and
outsourced partner relationships for alignment with design
strategy, technology roadmap, and business value; creates plans for
integration and update into architecture.
- Reviews and evaluates designs and project activities for
compliance with technology and development guidelines and
standards; integrates suggestions, updates, and innovations into
overall architecture and design language.
- Leverages recognized domain expertise, business acumen, and
experience to influence decisions of executive business leadership,
outsourced design partners, and industry standards groups.
- Provides guidance and mentoring to less- experienced staff
members to set an example of industrial design innovation and
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial or Product Design
- Typically 10+ years experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Extensive experience with application and development of design
theories, principles, and concepts for a portfolio of multiple
information technology and consumer product platforms.
- History of innovation with numerous examples of design
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Experience in architecture of overall product design and
technology across multiple product lines.
- Evaluating and selecting processes, standards, and techniques
to be used in reviewing designs for alignment with overall product
and quality architecture; history of implementing cross- platform
and functional changes and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; mastery in
English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate process architectures and
product formulations, design proposals and negotiate options at
business unit and executive levels.
- Design, evaluation and selection of most appropriate and
effective 2-D and 3-D CAD tools and software packages for product
design across organization.
Have you changed roles within HP? Tell us about it.
Still looking for the right opportunity?
Join our talent community. Be the first to find out about job
openings. Discover if there's a career match for you.
Keywords: HP Development Company, L.P. MX, Palo Alto , Senior Principal Industrial Design Engineer, Other , palo alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!