Group Manager, PCBA
Company: Tesla Motors
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Group Manager, PCBA will develop, implement and evaluate the
company's procurement strategies and processes. This individual
will lead, mentor and coordinate the activities of employees
engaged in purchasing within this PCBA and Electrical Components.
This person will drive efforts to ensure that purchased materials
support quality, cost, inventory and service level requirements.
The ideal candidate will be an accomplished leader who has
expertise in the Purchasing discipline as well as other business
functions in a large scale manufacturing environment. This person
should possess a minimum of 5-10 years of purchasing/supply chain
experience with at least 4 years at the management level. This
individual must demonstrate well-rounded business acumen, the
ability to develop people and not be afraid to roll up their
sleeves to get the job done.
- Develop and implement PCBA sourcing strategy.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies that utilize
negotiation and purchasing techniques ensuring the very best
quality, cost, delivery, and service.
- Manage supplier/contractual manufacturer relations and supply
agreement compliance while maintaining highest code of ethics and
- Oversees cradle-to-grave process from intent to purchase, new
supplier on-boarding, performance, and supplier exit. Tracks
supplier performance using dashboards for quality, delivery,
service and cost.
- Deliver aggressive cost reduction objectives.
- Continuously analyze market and delivery conditions to ensure
present and future material availability.
- Work with Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering to develop
product specifications and source new components.
- Identify and evaluate new/increased sources of supply that
support plant expansions, new products, and sustainability
- Lead projects or sub-projects including estimating level of
effort for project management tasks and drive project elements to
closure and uses good judgment in determining when to escalate
issues to direct supervisor
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations
Management, Engineering or Chemistry and/or equivalent experience
or evidence of exceptional ability.
- Master's degree in Business, Supply Chain, Operations
Management, Engineering or Chemistry preferred.
- Expertise in world class procurement operations and migration
there to. Capable of driving change while maintaining positive
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted purchasing practices for
PCBA and contractual manufacturing management, contract
negotiation, related laws and regulations.
- Work flow and process optimization skills.
- Supplier scorecard techniques that drive supplier
- Excellent leadership, negotiation, analytical, and problem
solving skills. Passion for results, strategy, and execution.
Creative, calculated risk taker.
- Track record of project leadership including
partnership/teambuilding with interdependent functions in
Operations, Engineering, Quality, Styling and Finance.
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Palo Alto , Group Manager, PCBA, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!