Vice President, Sales - Security BU
Company: Dell Inc
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The overwhelming emphasis of the Vice President, VMware Carbon
Black sales role is inspirational sales leadership and operational
management for continued growth across all products under the
Security Business Unit known as Carbon Black. These products
include: Carbon Black Cloud, CB Response, CB Protection and App
Defense. The VP, WW Sales will lead, steer and scale VMware's sales
operations across the globe ensuring that sales, pre-sales,
consulting and channel operations co-operate in facilitating
effective coverage and identifying business opportunities. This
role consequently represents a unique opportunity to play a major
part in the success of VMware as a whole. We are therefore seeking
a truly exceptional person who will be 'at home' building, leading
and managing first-line leaders and their teams across the globe.
This individual will manage a group of 600+ top performers that
deliver one of the fastest growing business units in the
- Proven sales leadership in a global software organization with
significant matrixed sales management responsibility.
- Experience of driving, shaping and executing large, global
- Specific evidence of having built or substantially increased
software license revenues.
- C Level Exposure and contact base globally - References well at
- Technical wherewithal to lead sales of existing and emerging
leading edge technologies.
- Experience of commercial and contractual negotiations with a
complex set of customers with international reach.
- Will have built and developed an exceptional team of specialty
- Ability to influence and collaborate in a highly matrixed
global organization whilst taking ownership for clear and far
- Customer focused with a flexible, adaptable and versatile
approach. Able to build relationships at all levels of an
organization with specific focus at C level.
- Builds strong business relationships with customers, partners,
peers and subordinates while effectively balancing regional team
goals with corporate goals.
- Degree Level Education.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Rapidly understand VMware, its direct markets, channels and
resources and assess quickly where additional support and emphasis
- Recruit and develop a world class sales team capable of selling
a complex software stack in a solution selling model.
- Lead and co-ordinate on a global basis the activities of
pre-sales (systems engineering), consulting
(post-sales/implementation/professional services), channel managers
and customer success (customer value/renewals), working with
functional leaders to ensure the right skills and resources are
made available in support of global sales activity.
- Ensure operational tools such as forecasting systems
(Salesforce) are properly implemented and used by all staff
globally, facilitating effective forecasting and communication with
corporate operational leadership, as well as inside global
- Define & implement the GTM strategy for each sector of this
market-leading business, including Enterprise sales - a strategy to
maximize every sales opportunity supported by a structure that
allows VMware to form strategic partnerships with customers on an
- Acts as a business partner with corporate functions including:
Finance, Deal Desk, Legal Sales Operations, Global Support Services
and Human Resources.
- Run a weekly forecasting process to provide visibility to
VMware's leadership of sales pipeline status and potential to
achieve target bookings, as well as upside and downside risks to
achieving target bookings.
- Be Operationally Excellent in the day-to-day running of the
business including (but not limited to) forecasting, pipeline
development, training, certifications, hiring, performance
management, collaboration, teamwork, and best practice
- Engage with Product Group leaders and other key business
stakeholders to align on business goals and provide feedback on
what will be required for successful execution against our bookings
- Able to work across multi-functions/multi-individuals to
achieve desired results.
- Accountable for revenue and bookings as well as the overall
margin of deals.
Category : Sales
Subcategory: Field Sales
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-05-17
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has
the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We
look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make
technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and
security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation
for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are
transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of
what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion,
integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of
Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment
opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a
work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All
employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job
requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race,
color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex
(including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability,
HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression,
marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or
present military service, family medical history or genetic
information, family or parental status, or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment
based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants
of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to
employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local
law. Job ID: R2108998
Keywords: Dell Inc, Palo Alto , Vice President, Sales - Security BU, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!