Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Earnin is a community-supported financial platform with a suite
of tools that let people take control of their financial future.
Earnin started out by solving one of the greatest - and least
discussed - inequities in the American financial system: the
practice of employers paying workers bi-weekly. Earnin's core
product, Cash Out, allows people to access the pay they've already
earned. There are no loans or hidden costs. People pay what they
choose. Other products include: Balance Shield, which helps prevent
overdrafts, a financial calendar that helps people budget and
schedule payments, and Tip Yourself - a revolutionary free social
Funding: Series C, current funding partners include Andreessen
Horowitz, DST, Matrix Partners, Ribbit Capital, Felicis Ventures
and March Capital.
Join us and help build a new financial system focused on
fairness and people's needs.
You can help make a difference!
What You'll Do:
- Propose and lead high-complexity projects, turning vague
problems into tightly scoped high-impact projects across the
- Provide legal support for a wide variety of commercial
contracts, including drafting, reviewing, negotiating service and
vendor agreements, licensing agreements, manufacturing and supplier
agreements, leases and consulting agreements.
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in areas of data
use and protection laws (including state and federal consumer
protection and privacy laws).
- Work cross-departmentally, including: compliance, marketing,
communications, finance, tax, data, analytics, corporate
development, and members of Earnin executive leadership to provide
practical guidance and identify legal risk on a variety of issues
such as commercials transactions, data protection and privacy,
marketing and advertising.
- Integrate yourself into the day-to-day operations of the Earnin
team, providing legal, business, and strategic advice.
- Develop scaled strategies for addressing risk in
business-centric ways and build processes that allow the business
flexibility and freedom to move quickly
- Provide full product life-cycle counseling and look around
corners and creatively solve problems for the business as they
plan, build, and execute their product roadmap.
- Partner with the People Operations team in areas such as
employment and immigration law.
- Assist with corporate governance, strategy, fundraising,
compliance and other policies and procedures.
What We're Looking For:
- J. D. degree (with at least one State Bar membership, CA
preferred) with 7-10 years of legal experience, including in a
comprehensive product counseling role, preferably at a large
- Experience drafting and negotiating different types of
commercial technology contracts and policies, including API terms,
developer terms, online terms of service, data privacy policies and
- Experience in advising partners in product and marketing teams
on data privacy and protection, marketing and advertising
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams
- Experience advising clients on risk mitigation across
technology product platforms
- Experience working with and presenting to C-suite and VP-level
- Familiarity with data privacy and marketing and advertising
compliance laws, including the CPRA, CCPA, UDAP,
At Earnin, we believe that the best way to build a financial
system that works for everyday people is by hiring a team that
represents our diverse community. Our team is diverse not only in
background and experience, but also in perspective. We celebrate
our diversity and strive to create a culture of belonging. Earnin
does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or
related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental
disability, legally protected medical condition, family care
status, military or veteran status, marital status, registered
domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information,
or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.
Earnin is an E-Verify participant.
Earnin does not accept unsolicited resumes from individual
recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to job
postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit
unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers or HR
Keywords: Earnin, Palo Alto , Corporate Counsel, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!