Electrical Engineer - Thermal Systems
Company: Tesla Motors
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 6, 2021
- Lead electrical design and integration of high voltage
compressor familiar for various vehicle platforms.
- Support and consult on Lead electrical design and integration
of all vehicle level thermal components including pumps, fans, high
voltage heater, high voltage compressor, actuators and
- Designs should be optimized for performance, efficiency,
reliability, cost, and time to market.
- Work cross-functionally with 12V Controller team, Harness team,
Firmware team, and Battery / Drive System teams, to integrate
thermal components into the vehicle from concept to
- Support vehicle testing activities, production concerns and new
model launch as required by work flow priority.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering; or equivalent in experience
and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Experience solving new and open ended design problems.
- Familiarity with controls, data acquisition programs, and
software for EE development.
- Proven electronic design of analog, digital, and/or embedded
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language used in system
automation and test. ex: python, Perl, php, etc.
- The ideal candidate will have designed EE systems from concept
to development to production and test.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with common Automotive Microcontroller Architectures
including ARM and PowerPC.
- Experience modelling High Voltage electronics electrical and
- Experience with Electronics DFM/DFT, design for EMC/EMI
- Experience working with and validating advanced control systems
across broad operating conditions.
- Knowledge of automotive thermal and HVAC systems including
compressors, HVAC assembly, heat exchangers, fluid transfer
- Experience with PCB board layout and controller
- Experience with first-principles understanding of motor
controls including brushed, brushless, & stepper designs.
- Experience with CAN/LIN protocol.
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Palo Alto , Electrical Engineer - Thermal Systems, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!