TripActions is actively hiring and in response to COVID-19
conducting all interviews and onboarding virtually. Any new or
current team members will be temporarily working remotely until it
is safe to return to office.
Staff User Experience Writer
About the job
At TripActions, "It's all about the user. All of them" We're
passionate about providing seamless and intuitive products for
business travelers, travel managers, finance teams, as well as the
travel agents and support teams they rely on. Our goal is to
transform how people experience business travel by being the
industry leader in travel.
What You'll Do
Being the first UX Writer on the team, we will look to you to
help establish and mature the UX Writing and Content Strategy
function across our Travel Experience organization. You'll be a
part of our product, design, and engineering team based in the San
Francisco Bay Area and be responsible to own a number of
cross-functional projects. This is an opportunity to do hands on
work, help establish a function, and make a significant impact
while the team grows.
We will look to you to help build out the roadmap and establish
how you'll integrate into teams. But we do have a few ideas around
the type of work you'll take on in your first 3 months:
First 30 days
- Build an understanding of the TripActions product and business
- Build relationships and garner trust with the team of
designers, product managers, and engineers currently working on the
- Ship a project or two in order to build an understanding for
the common content needs and problems we encounter.
- Provide feedback and ideas for the team rituals and process to
account for the content strategy and UX writing needs within each
First 60 days
- Complete a content audit to understand the full spectrum of
content needs across our product experience.
- Publish a first draft and educate the team on how to use a
voice and tone guide to ensure a consistent content experience
within our products.
- Educate cross-functional partners and leadership on the impact
and importance of UX Writing and Content Strategy within the
product development process.
First 90 days
- With leadership, create a plan for how to grow the UX Writing
and Content Strategy team to meet all of the products content
- Partner with the team to ensure our quarterly roadmap addresses
the outstanding content strategy and UX Writing needs within our
- Define and establish high standards of writing
What you'll bring
- 7+ years in a UX Writing or Content Strategy role.
- Experience working with style guides, design systems, writing
best practices, etc.
- Experience in the travel space or a willingness to learn and
build an understanding of it.
- A deep sense of care and concern for both our customers and the
products they interact with. You understand that at the end of the
day, the work we do is all about people.
- A commitment to details and excellence. You know how to
inspire, set, and maintain high quality standards.
- A collaborative, positive, and open approach to design. You
think the best work is done with -- and among -- a team of diverse
perspectives. Almost like dancing, with everyone moving in
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Yes, we use
Slack, but we also Zoom and Loom often.
- Self-awareness and a growth mindset. You are willing to not
only help pioneer a function, but work to grow it into an
established discipline within the company.
TripActions is a leading corporate travel & expense management
platform. Trusted by 4,000+ companies globally, TripActions
empowers organizations with real-time data and insights to make
business decisions, paired with flexible travel and expense
management tools that enable quick and decisive action to keep
traveling employees safe, control costs and save money. Learn more
We realize benefits are important as they support keeping you at
your best at all times. Our benefits are here for you if you get
sick or hurt, help you save for now and later, encourage you to
take time off work and travel, and provide perks specific to being
a TripActions employee both in and out of the office.
TripActions is an equal opportunity employer. We make all
employment decisions based solely on merit. We provide equal
employment opportunity to all applicants and employees without
discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an
individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected
characteristics. We prohibit any such discrimination or harassment.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
TripActions complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act
(ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable
state or local law. TripActions will reasonably accommodate
qualified individuals with a disability in connection with
applications for employment as required by law.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a
disability, you are welcome to email us at
Candidate Privacy Notice
Please review TripActions' Candidate Privacy Notice here.