Associate Research Director, Global Big Data Real World Evidence
Company: Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharmaceutical company
dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with
serious diseases - often with limited or no options. We have a
diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product
candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in key
therapeutic areas. Our focus is in neuroscience, including sleep
medicine and movement disorders, and in oncology, including
hematologic and solid tumors. We actively explore new options for
patients including novel compounds, small molecule advancements,
biologics and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is
headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the
globe, serving patients in more than 90 countries.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our
team. If you're looking to be a part of a company with an
unwavering commitment to improving patients' lives and being a
great place to work, we hope you'll explore our career openings and
get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
The Associate Research Director Global Big Data RWE will be a
subject matter expert on the use of Real World Data (RWD). The role
holder will transform real-world administrative claims data or
electronic medical records (EMR) into actionable insights for
Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) studies, clinical
development and regulatory interactions using statistical methods
and innovative data visualizations to support decisions. The
individual will develop internal collaboration on RWD assets,
analytics and technology across the organization. The Associate
Director will report to Director, Real-World Evidence (RWE).
- Develop and drive real-world evidence (RWE) tactics across
multiple molecules, in collaboration with internal partners, to
ensure that the value of Jazz products is fully supported by
evidence for global and local regional audiences.
- Serve as the researcher/analyst for RWE projects under the
direction of the project engagement lead.
- Lead real-world evidence analysis using a variety of real-world
big data sources -administrative claims data or EMR.
- Follow quality control process of RWE analytics to develop
high-quality, comprehensive study proposals or protocols containing
clearly defined patient populations, study objectives, and study
design that can be readily and correctly implemented.
- Provide input to the design of RWE databases, if applicable,
for proper data capture and to ensure data quality.
- Utilize big data platform (eg. Aetion) or relevant analytic
software (eg. SAS, STATA, SSPS etc.), and develop production of
data tables and graphs.
- Facilitate initiatives with external partners to leverage
innovative technology such as machine learning and interactive
- Provide and clearly communicate analytical and methodological
expertise on RWE studies to internal and external
- Stay current with research on HEOR methodology and its
applications as pertinent to GV-HEOR needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- PhD degree in the areas of health economics, pharmaceutical
economics, or outcomes research with 2 + years' research
- At least 3 years with analytic experience of healthcare claims
databases or EMR
- Familiarity with US and global health care delivery system (eg.
payers and reimbursement models)
- Experience in healthcare industry across multiple therapeutic
areas, medical reimbursement, technical expertise in economic
- Experience with big data analytical platforms
- A track record of peer-reviewed scientific publications
demonstrating expertise in RWE
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work with
multi-disciplinary teams required to support program, project and
contract management and financial reporting
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- PhD degree in health economics, pharmaceutical economics,
outcomes research or related discipline
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative action
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Palo Alto , Associate Research Director, Global Big Data Real World Evidence, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!