Company: Panasonic Corporation of North America
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Panasonic - Product Counsel
Every moment of every day, people all over the world turn to
Panasonic to make their lives simpler, more enjoyable, more
productive and more secure. Since our founding almost a century
ago, we've been committed to improving peoples' lives and making
the world a better place-one customer, one business, one innovative
leap at a time. Come join our journey.
Click here to learn more about how Panasonic is creating a
better life, a better world.
Watch this video to see how our employees are shaping the
technologies that move us.
What you'll get to do:
As a founding member of our legal team, you will work closely
with YO Labs's product, technology, and business operations team to
deliver innovative, AI-enabled software and hardware solutions to
advance human wellness and reduce cognitive load.
- Provide solution-oriented legal advice to engineering,
research, product, and business development teams from initial
stages of product development through launch and
- Provide legal direction, training, and risk mitigation
strategies on U.S. and international laws and regulations related
to the development and commercialization of health and wellness
technologies, including software and hardware solutions.
- Develop and maintain user-facing legal disclosures, including
- Drive development of internal processes to scale effectively
with the business.
- Stay current and keep business apprised on laws, regulations,
and policy trends relevant to consumer software services, IoT, data
protection and privacy, advertising and marketing, and consumer
What You'll Bring:
Education & Experience:
- D. degree or equivalent from accredited institution
- Admission to practice law in a U.S. state (California
preferred) and in good standing
- 5+ years of relevant legal experience in law firms, government,
and/or in-house departments. Substantial in-house experience is a
- Experience with counseling innovative products, especially
consumer software services and IoT hardware devices. Experience
with AI/machine learning technologies is a plus.
- Familiarity with laws and regulations governing consumer
protection, data protection and privacy, advertising and marketing,
as well as healthcare and wellness.
- Superior communication and analytical skills
- Team-oriented attitude and willingness to build relationships
with business partners, customers, and management, as well as pitch
in where necessary
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to organize, prioritize, and
manage multiple projects in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with and leading cross-functional teams, and
owning and driving projects from beginning to end.
- Familiarity with Japanese culture and language is a plus.
- A sense of adventure and willingness to stay nimble and learn
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive benefits
- Pet Insurance
- Paid Parental Care Leave
- Employee Referral Program
- Educational Assistance
- Flexible Work Program
- Volunteer time Off
- Casual Dress Code
- Total Well Being Program
Panasonic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender
identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability
status, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic
protected by law or company policy. All qualified individuals are
required to perform the essential functions of the job with or
without reasonable accommodation. Pre-employment drug testing is
required for safety sensitive positions or as may otherwise be
required by contract or law. Due to the high volume of responses,
we will only be able to respond to candidates of interest. All
candidates must have valid authorization to work in the U.S. Thank
you for your interest in Panasonic Corporation of North
REQ: REQ-121610 Legal
Keywords: Panasonic Corporation of North America, Palo Alto , Product Counsel, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!