Sr. Subcontracts Administrator
Company: Maxar Technologies Ltd
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is currently seeking a Sr. Subcontracts Administrator to
join our team in Palo Alto, San Jose, or Pasadena, CA. In this
role, you will be part of a procurement team that manages major
suppliers on government and commercial programs and supports
proposal submittals to the government and commercial customers.
In this role, you will:
- Conduct market research to identify sources of supply for
subsystems, components, and/or services.
- Review competitive proposals for subsystems and services
offered by suppliers and prepare comparative analyses of factors
such as cost, delivery schedule, quality, and past
- Negotiate subcontract requirements, prices, and terms and
- Issue complex subcontracts to major suppliers and maintain
procurement history records on all transactions.
- Extensively interact with multiple functions including
engineering, operations, quality, finance, accounting, and
management to achieve procurement objectives.
- Manage suppliers and expedite supplier deliverables. Resolve
supplier problems as they arise.
- Ensure that procurement actions and file documents support
maintaining a Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA) approved
- Maintain supplier delivery status in Enterprise Resource
Planning (ERP) System.
- Ensure compliance with all contractual, regulatory and audit
requirements, including Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR),
Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations (DFARS), NASA FAR
Supplement (NFS), and contract terms and conditions
Minimum requirements for this position:
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, supply chain,
economics, or a related field. Four additional years of experience
may be substituted for a degree
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in procurement
- Minimum of 2 years experience at a government contractor or
- Possess strong, fluent, and effective communication skills both
written and verbal in English
These skills would be amazing:
- Aerospace or robotics industry experience.
- Experience successfully passing a DCMA Contractor Purchasing
System Review (CPSR)
- Lean six sigma process improvement experience. Experience
leading Kaizen events
- Deltek CostPoint or SAP experience with cost reimbursable
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an
equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Maxar Technologies Ltd, Palo Alto , Sr. Subcontracts Administrator, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!