Company: Eiger BioPharmaceuticals
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We seek an experienced Purchasing Manager who can join our team
to develop and drive the Purchasing Operation and strategies across
our organization. In this role, you will be the first full time
purchasing employee. You will help establish the purchasing
organization including refining policies, communicating
authorization limits and encouraging effective use of our
cloud-based procurement system Coupa.
In this role, you should be versatile with a "roll up the
sleeves" mentality, excellent customer service skills, and able to
move forward with minimal direct supervision. In this role, you
will report to our Vice President and Corporate Controller.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the process of Purchase Requests to Purchase
- Create Purchase Orders for relevant internal stakeholders,
coordinate based on supplier's conditions.
- Work with CMC/ Tech Dev supply chain team to meet production
deadlines and ensure purchase orders are placed for the procurement
of production and non-production material, components and/or
services, as required by forecasts, production schedules or
authorized purchase requests.
- Encourage and coordinate early supplier involvement on
technical sourcing for supply commodity using the suppliers'
expertise to optimize quality, cost, and manufacturability
- Ensure cloud based Coupa maintains functionality with company's
- Identify savings projects within the sites and negotiate cost
savings for all Procurement categories.
- Regularly evaluate the cost and quality performance benchmarks
and the risks associated with the preferred supply base
- Create and monitor metrics in line with KPI objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Business
Management, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ years of relevant procurement or supply chain management
experience, experience in biotech or Pharma is preferred.
- Experience in ERP data reporting and KPI generation will be
- Public company experience is helpful.
- Requires excellent analytical and written/oral communication
- Able to build partnerships and excel cross functionally with
CMC/ Tech Dev, Clinical Operations, Supply Chain, Finance and other
- Positive mindset, can-do attitude and able to work with all
About Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
Eiger is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on
the development and commercialization of targeted therapies for
serious rare and ultra-rare diseases.
Eiger's lead clinical programs are focused on the development of
foundational therapies for Hepatitis Delta Virus (HDV) infection,
the most serious form of viral hepatitis, with two complementary
HDV treatments. Lonafarnib is a first-in-class, oral prenylation
inhibitor in a global Phase 3 trial. Peginterferon lambda is a
first-in-class, well-tolerated type III interferon entering Phase
Zokinvy for the treatment of Hutchinson-Gilford Progeria
Syndrome (HGPS or Progeria) and processing-deficient Progeroid
Laminopathies is the Company's first FDA approved product. A
Marketing Authorization Application (MAA) is under review by the
European Medicines Agency (EMA).
For additional information about Eiger, please visit
Please submit your resume to:
Keywords: Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Palo Alto , Purchasing Manager, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!