Site Reliability Engineer
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 7, 2021
At TripActions, we are constantly striving to make the most
reliable and scalable systems possible to ensure that our platform
is available to our travelers when they need it most. With our
exponential growth, we have many exciting challenges up ahead. We
are expanding our Site Reliability Engineering team to tackle these
obstacles, and provide world class availability to our
We are looking for a passionate Site Reliability Engineer to
design and develop the tooling, automation and infrastructure
services that power the TripActions Liquid app used by thousands of
travelers on a daily basis. You will work most closely with the
Liquid engineering team, and will have many friendly peers and
cross-functional partners in the Amsterdam and Palo Alto offices to
see and work with regularly.
The impact you'll make:
Building a fast moving, high growth service. TripActions Liquid
is revolutionizing expenses, and the product is evolving quickly.
You are comfortable in a startup environment, enjoy seeing the
product take shape, and have strong ownership of the success of
Designing, implementing and operating cloud infrastructure.
You're a fit for us if you think in terms of infrastructure as
code, deployment pipelines, and building the guardrails to make
going fast also going safely.
Identifying reliability anti-patterns and solving them
systemically. You dive deep into the data to evaluate the health of
your systems, and you use it to improve visibility and reliability
across the fleet of services.
Finding and automating the toil out of our processes. You'd
prefer to automate it entirely, or build a tool to empower your
users rather than be the gatekeeper to the tool.
What We're Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience as an SRE (or Infrastructure Software
Engineer, or DevOps Engineer)
- Building and operating distributed systems in AWS, using CI/CD
to ship code to production using tools such as maven and
- Experience with microservice architecture and related
reliability patterns such as throttling, queueing, and retries
- Writing Infrastructure as Code in Terraform or
- You have been automating away manual tasks using python, bash
- Building, using, and automating monitoring systems such as
SignalFX, Kibana, Grafana
- Strong sense of ownership demonstrated through shipping
production-quality code and infrastructure equipped with testing,
monitoring and documentation
- Passion for solving problems and learning new tools and
- Excellent communication skills working with stakeholders and
domain experts across the company to design solutions to user
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Java based applications and services including
jvm profiling and performance tuning
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines from scratch and scaling
- Database experience with RDS (mysql), couchbase and/or
Keywords: TripActions, Palo Alto , Site Reliability Engineer, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!