Center Concierge - Asset Services
Company: Alexandria Real Estate
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE:ARE), an S&P 500
urban office REIT, is the first and longest-tenured owner,
operator, and developer uniquely focused on collaborative life
science, technology and agtech campuses in AAA innovation cluster
locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has
since established a significant market presence in key locations,
including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego,
Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle. Alexandria is known for
its high-quality and diverse tenant base. The company has a
longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A
properties clustered in urban life science, technology, and agtech
campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic
and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to
successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire
productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. For more
information, please visit www.are.com.
We are seeking a Center Concierge in our Palo Alto facility. The
incumbent will be a highly organized, proactive, and resourceful
individual who possesses a positive service-oriented attitude,
strong attention to detail, and the ability to handle multiple
projects at any given time.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and consider all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
creed, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy,
childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, marital or
registered domestic partner status, family-care status, veteran or
military status, age, national origin or ancestry, disability,
medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any
category protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tenant and Member Company Relations:
- Provide on-site and front facing support to tenants as
- Assist with mail and package delivery to tenant suites.
- Assist in conducting new tenant orientations and laboratory
- Receive training in and adhere to all laboratory safety
guidelines established for Alexandria LaunchLabs.
- Greet all building guests.
- Lead logistical planning for both external and internal events
that target a range of different Alexandria LaunchLabs'
- Support the LaunchLabs team to research, design, organize and
deliver events to strengthen strategic programming that promotes
development of the local life science ecosystem.
- Create, organize and deliver events to foster a vibrant and
collaborative LaunchLabs community, including but not limited to
member orientation, business & professional development sessions,
lab meetings, biosafety committees, social gatherings, and
- Gather and maintain list of Stanford and local ecosystem events
that address and/or support entrepreneurship in the life
- Assist Alexandria LaunchLabs Site Head and Director of Lab
Operations as needed.
- Asset Services Team:
- Provide day-to-day support including but not limited to
coordination of meetings, events, and tenant requests.
- Responsible for drafting and sending certain bulletins and
email blasts to tenants.
- Responsible for collecting and maintaining Certificates of
Insurance for current tenants and current vendors.
- Assist with tenant move-in and move-out process including
signage updates, card key requests, access to work order system (FM
Power) for non-emergency work tickets, and welcome visits.
- Assist in planning and organizing strategic programming
(lecture series, networking events, happy hours and lunches,
- Help update digital templates to publicize upcoming events to
- Draft and send notifications/updates to members.
- Conference room management including scheduling assistance,
review of requests for furniture set ups and coordination with
vendors, coordination of support from A/V vendors and ARE IT for
maintenance and repairs, administration or assistance of tenant
training. Throughout each business day, ensure that the building's
conference rooms are kept in order and top condition.
- Management of building Tenant Contact list.
- Act as emergency administrator for the building.
- Act as the lead contact for building Transportation Demand
Management (TDM) programs and surveys. Facilitate the annual TDM
survey in connection with Stanford Research Park's existing
- Provide weekly updates to Asset Services team on noteworthy
- Code and submit invoices for Asset Director approval as needed
(invoices for stock and supplies for tenant shared kitchen and
shared copy room, courier/messenger services, reprographics/copier
- Provide support to Building Engineering Team as needed.
- Be on point for any on-site guard, and day porter as needed,
during working hours.
- Communicate with vendors for invoice inquiries/vendor set-ups
- Administrative Support:
- Coordinate with security for approved visitor access. Scan and
file monthly visitor logs.
- Scan and submit invoices for the Region's operating assets to
- Special projects/assignments as needed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a science related
- 3+ years of relevant office experience preferred
- Working knowledge in the field of property management and/or
high-end service industry desirable
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) a
- Client service-oriented attitude a must
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized
- Works well independently and is task-oriented
- Experience in Angus Anywhere (or similar work order system),
JDE (accounting platform), and/or Nexus (accounts payable system) a
- Experience or interest in AP/AR a plus
Keywords: Alexandria Real Estate, Palo Alto , Center Concierge - Asset Services, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!