Software Architect (US Remote)
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 7, 2021
We are looking for Software Architects with experience building
large scale, distributed, and service-oriented architectures.
Experience designing microservices based architectures is highly
You feel comfortable switching hats between software
development, business requirements gathering, DevOps tasks, and
working with our Machine Learning experts to develop new
Transaction Monitoring Solutions.
Working closely and leading a development squad, you will be
happiest spending 50% of your solving problems, whilst the rest is
hands-on coding with the team to ship the product.
- Collaborate with the R&D team to architect and build a
distributed cloud-based SaaS solution for transaction monitoring
using Java and Spring Boot.
- Build highly scalable and distributed microservices that can
process our large customer data sets in real-time
- Actively participate in production discussion to help build
- Design and build RESTful APIs to allow our customers to easily
- Explore, evaluate and integrate new data pipelines
Experience and Qualifications:
- Substantial professional experience in a SaaS product
- BS or Masters in Computer Science or related field
- Proficient in Java and Spring framework
- Strong understanding of microservice architectures, principles
- Experience with containerization related management stacks like
Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes
- Solid understanding of NoSQL database modelling and design
- Deep familiarity with cloud infrastructures such as AWS
- Experience working with large scale data processing using
- Understanding of messaging systems and data pipelines such as
RabbitMQ and Kafka
- Scaling knowledge of Cassandra, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Neo4j,
- Worked in a financial services context related to risk
Key Characteristics and Attitudes:
In a recent global survey these attributes were valued by Jumios
in all locations and functions - we firmly believe in hiring for
attitude as well as skill.
- Friendly and supportive
- Adaptable and flexible
- Articulate and persuasive
- High IQ and EQ
- Curious and coachable
- Commercially Aware
- Resilient and tenacious
- Big picture and the detail
- IDEAL: Integrity, Diversity, Empowerment, Accountability,
Jumio is the future for online and mobile ID verification,
transaction monitoring and fraud detection. We are the largest and
fastest-growing company in the ID verification space. With a global
footprint, we're expanding the team to meet strong client demand
across a range of industries including Financial Services, Travel,
Sharing Economy, Fintech, Gaming, and others. Our team of over 500
are building solutions that help customers fight fraud at scale and
we are looking for people who have a passion for solving challenges
that make a significant impact on customers.
Having acquired Beam Solutions in Sep 2020, we have now brought
our AI and ML expertise into AML for financial, retail and gaming
and with significant demand need to grow our engineering team.
Jumio is a collaboration of people with different ideas,
strengths, interests and cultures. We welcome applications and
colleagues from all backgrounds and of all statuses.
Keywords: Jumio, Palo Alto , Software Architect (US Remote), Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!