Sr. Electrical Engineer, EMI
Company: Tesla Motors
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Tesla's Power Electronics group is looking for a skilled and
motivated electrical engineer to design and develop EMI solutions
for power conversion product intended to be used in vehicle and
- Design and development of EMI filters.
- Work closely with power electronics, PCB layout and mechanical
design engineers to successfully develop EMI compliant power
- Start to finish ownership of EMC compliance - from
specification to design, prototype, testing and manufacturing.
- BSEE in Electrical Engineering.
- 4 or more years of hands-on experience with EMI filter designs
for power converters and compliance testing.
- Strong understanding of conducted and radiated noise sources
and their mitigation techniques in power electronic systems.
- Experience with design of common mode and differential mode
chokes for noise filtering.
- Experience in supervision of PCB layout for minimal stray
parameters, power/signal plane definition for EMC
- Thorough knowledge of EMC test standards such as FCC and
- Experience with the test methods and use of measuring equipment
including spectrum analyzers, signal generators, amplifier,
antennas, line filters etc.
- Awareness of UL and CE electrical safety requirements and EMC
requirements relevant to power converters.
- MSEE or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering.
- Fundamental knowledge of power electronics topologies (AC/DC,
DC/DC & DC/AC) and switching waveforms.
- Familiarity with schematic capture, power converter and
electro-magnetic circuit simulation tools.
- Experience with scripting and/or test automation.
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Palo Alto , Sr. Electrical Engineer, EMI, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!