Requisition ID: 285986
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire
to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and
reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in
enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots.
That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster
equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers
across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and
building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a
diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides
opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform
industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our
environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the
world run better and improve people's lives.
We are seeking a Sr. Linux Systems administrator with 5-7 years
professional experience in an exciting, fast-paced production
environment. As part of the Ariba Cloud Operations team, you will
help support 24X7 externally facing customer used networks.
- Installs and maintains critical systems running red Hat
Enterprise Linux and Suse Linux employing enterprise cluster
applications in a 24x7 datacenter environment.
- Experience provisioning and managing compute instances in GCP,
AWS or Azure
- Installs, configures and maintains system applications
including DNS, Sendmail, Bind, SSH, TCP/IP and NFS
- Experience maintaining enterprise class storage systems,
network filers and public cloud storage offerings
- Carefully follows and employs change control procedures
leveraging industry standard change management tooling
- Experience with configuration management tools (Puppet, SALT,
- Experience with patch management tooling (Satellite, Tanium)
and Linux patching processes
- Develops and maintains Perl and Shell scripts to enhance
deployment and monitoring framework
- Develops and maintains comprehensive documentation for multiple
- Provides recommendations on system and process changes as
- Experience supporting 24x7 customer facing systems at
- SAAS environment experience required
Basic Minimum Qualifications
- 7+ years professional experience administering one or more
enterprise level Linux operating environment.
- 7+ years professional experience administering network
utilities such as Sendmail, Bind, SSH
- Good working knowledge of enterprise mass storage systems
- Exemplary scripting abilities. Perl, bash, etc.
- Knowledge of Storage array networks, SAN switch management and
- Experience with system administration automation and
Good to have
- Understanding of Veritas VXFS, VXVM and PaceMaker Cluster.
- Understanding of NFS, and NetApp hardware and CVO (Netapp's
Cloud Volume Offering)
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your
own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're
searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and
individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions,
fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun,
flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the
development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the
qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person
brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment
Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to
applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in
need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website
or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your
request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:
Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ:
Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background
verification with an external vendor.
Nearest Major Market: San Jose
Nearest Secondary Market: Palo Alto
Job Segment: System Administrator, Linux, ERP, SAP, Cloud,