Sr. Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics Team - Data Product Development
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 8, 2021
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's
mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable
and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, and
economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network,
VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world,
and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a
second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid
growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of
a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from
analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people,
network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives
you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career
growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a
global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers
who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts
of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing
meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce
to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's
transform the way the world pays.
Visa processes 100s of millions of payment transactions per day
and has one of the world's most valuable data assets. The Visa Data
Products Development (DPD) organization has the mission of
unleashing the power of data to drive global commerce.
The DPD Business Intelligence & Analytics (BI&A) team is
looking for a Sr. Director who is passionate about solving
challenging business problems and has extensive experience in
leading teams in building enterprise level Business Intelligence
and data-driven products that provide an excellent user
As a key member of the BI&A Leadership Team, the Sr.
Director candidate will be responsible for leading a global team of
highly motivated and talented managers, software engineers, systems
engineers and data engineers in developing, maintaining and
supporting a portfolio business intelligence products used across
the Visa enterprise. The candidate will collaborate with Project
Managers, Product Managers, other Product Development leaders and
with cross-functional teams globally.
- Define the roadmap, develop and manage architecture, technical
solutions and lead engineering teams for the new generation of Data
Products applications and services.
- Own and drive the end-to-end development efforts for on
schedule, high quality, scalable innovative solutions that meet the
product vision and roadmap. Responsibilities span all phases of
product development including:
- Build strong team and enable COE owning the driving products
- Drive and deliver on the Infra program focusing on Engineering
practices and efficiency with defined measurable KPIs
- Collaborate with Business teams to ensure completeness and
common understanding of product vision, roadmap &
- Align with architects and senior technologists on proper
architecture and design.
- Lead agile engineering teams to deliver end-to-end technical
solutions that exceed product expectations.
- Manage teams to automate engineering and operations functions,
including post implementation support.
- Drive strong client focus mindset within the team.
- Mentor and build world-class high performing global engineering
- Handle routine daily activities such as coordination, coaching,
mentoring, recruiting, budgeting, planning, delivery, quality,
partner relationships, performance metrics, operations, efficiency,
service level management, etc.
- Think strategically: See patterns and relationships in
information and events; clarify and simplify complex information;
anticipate trends and possibilities that may lead to new business
opportunities; consistently think and act "ahead of the curve;"
anticipate and effectively respond with urgency to immediate
opportunities; executes plans vigorously and with flexibility;
operate proactively; identify and address long-term
- 15+ years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 12+
years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g.
Masters/MBA/JD/MD); 5+ years of experience in a management role
leading technology teams
- Advanced degree in a technical field such as computer science
and computer engineering
- Knowledge of and expertise with level Business Intelligence
software products such as MicroStrategy, Tableau, Power BI, etc.,
and industry knowledge of the technology trends in this space.
- Knowledge of and experience leading technology teams in the
development of enterprise level data driven products including
those that leverage Big Data technologies
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation, facilitation, and
interaction skills, along with effective communication (both
written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas
in a clear and simplified approach
- Strong at technical goal setting for a project with actionable
success metrics. Experience with measuring a service from user
experience perspective, setting and tracking to SLAs and KPIs
- Ability to represent technical and business issues and
solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support
- Work across a diverse set of technology teams and vendors to
deliver the solutions that align to the Business strategy and
initiatives. Ensure that the team has an effective organizational
development, training and succession plan that in aligns with our
overall workforce and location strategy.
- Manage multi-million dollar budgets related to projects and
- Effectively manage and coach geographically dispersed teams to
meet stretch goals.
- Collaborate with and manage 3rd party software vendors
- Manage and balance multiple projects and tasks in order to
manage to deliverable dates while working with customers, project
managers and stakeholders to assure expectations are met.
- Engage in audit and compliance activities with our internal and
external teams to ensure we operate in a sound manner.
- Communicate the progress of the team relative to our strategy,
goals and objectives highlighting our accomplishments and
- Ability to work in a complex organization and collaborate to
determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution
to meet those needs
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced
- Payment industry experience is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO
Keywords: Visa, Palo Alto , Sr. Director, Business Intelligence & Analytics Team - Data Product Development, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!