Reliability - Automation Engineer Internship (Fall 2021)
Company: Tesla Motors
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or
September 2021 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e.
through December/January) or into early Spring 2022 if available.
We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships.
Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through
CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able
to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to
part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The University Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to
recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best
students in positions that they will grow both technically and
personally through their experience working closely with their
Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an
experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla
by given them projects that are critical to their team's
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you'll be
seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence
not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla's
About the team
The Energy and Supercharging reliability engineering team is in
charge of helping Tesla optimize product design and validate the
most compelling and reliable for our customers. For this purpose,
the team is responsible for both designing/building automated test
equipment to validate current and future products and collecting
data to enable the reliability physics analyses.
The Intern will work cross-functionally with the Reliability,
Test and Data engineers and help support various engineering teams
throughout the whole design cycle. The intern will be expected to
learn fast, solve problems in a fundamental way, and communicate
internally and externally to drive decision making.
This could include (but is not limited to) the following:
- Build robust and flexible software tools to automate test
- Contribute to the design and execution of product and component
level reliability testing including hands on testing with real
- Contribute to the automation and standardization of our data
- Lead process development and improvement plans
- Currently working towards a BS/MS or advanced degree in
electrical/computer engineering, mechatronics, robotics, physics,
- Hands-on experience debugging SW and HW issues within network
- Hands-on experience, previous internship and/or project
experience is preferred
- Strong knowledge of Python
- Experience with automation
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Major interest in solving complex and time critical
Nice to have
- Experience with data structures, architectures and languages
such as SQL
- Experience with basic hardware design
Keywords: Tesla Motors, Palo Alto , Reliability - Automation Engineer Internship (Fall 2021), Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!