Requisition ID: 282541
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire
to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and
reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in
enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots.
That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster
equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers
across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and
building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a
diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides
opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform
industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our
environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the
world run better and improve people's lives.
The Senior Account Executive assumes the leadership role within
their assigned accounts. In this capacity, the Senior AE will
identify and qualify opportunities within their accounts and
develop and drive account strategy and executive relationships
within each. The Senior AE will assume ownership for revenue
generation within assigned accounts, as well as the quality and
strength of the executive relationships within them.
The Senior AE overachieves the software license revenue goal of
their territory through the creation of a complete territory
business plan that generates at least three times the quota in
pipeline opportunity. The Senior AE possesses a "hunter" mentality
and excels at developing and closing large, complex software
license transactions. They will be responsible for driving
opportunities that are based on the value of SAP's entire solution
portfolio: Industry ERP Solutions (S/4HANA), LOB solutions (CRM,
SCM, HCM, SRM et. al) and technology solutions (HANA, Business
Analytics, Mobility, Database and Technology, et. al) and will be
an expert at communicating this value in a compelling business case
to customers & prospects in order to achieve assigned quotas. The
Senior AE creates and nurtures executive relationships
independently and leverages the Virtual Account Team to ensure
success for their customers and for SAP.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS:
Account and Customer Relationship Management, Sales and Software
License and Cloud Subscription Revenue.
- Annual Revenue - Achieve / exceed quota targets.
- Sales strategies - Develops effective and specific account
plans to ensure revenue target delivery and sustainable growth.
Develop relationships in new and existing customers and leverage to
drive strategy through organization.
- Trusted advisor - Establishes strong relationships based on
knowledge of customer requirements and commitment to value (value
of counsel and expertise, value of solutions, value of
implementation expertise). Builds a foundation on which to harvest
future business opportunities and accurate account information and
- Customer Acumen - Actively understand each customer's
technology footprint, strategic growth plans, technology strategy
and competitive landscape. Review public information (e.g. new
executive appointments, earnings statements, press releases) for
the company and its competitors to remain updated on key industry
trends and issues impacting the prospect.
- Territory and Account Leadership - Lead designated territory,
including accounts, account relationships, prospect profiling, and
sales cycles. Encourage all accounts to become SAP references.
- Business Planning - Develop and deliver comprehensive business
plan to address customer and prospects priorities and pain points.
Utilize VE, benchmarking and ROI data to support the customer's
Demand Generation, Pipeline and Opportunity Management
- Pipeline planning - Follow a disciplined approach to
maintaining a rolling pipeline. Keep pipeline current and moving up
the pipeline curve.
- Pipeline partnerships - Leverage support organizations
including Marketing, Inside sales, Partners and channels to funnel
pipeline into the assigned territory.
- Leverage SAP Solutions - Be proficient in and bring all SAP
offers to bear on sales pursuits including Industry ERP Solutions
(S/4HANA), LOB solutions (CRM, SCM, HCM, SRM et. al) and technology
solutions (HANA, Business Analytics, Mobility, Database and
Technology, et. al)
- Advance and close sales opportunities - through the successful
execution of the sales strategy and roadmap.
- Support all SAP promotions and events in the territory
- Sell value.
- Maintain White Space analysis and execution of initiatives (up
sell and cross sell) on customer base.
- Orchestrate resources: deploy appropriate teams to execute
winning sales. Create OneSAP.
- Utilize best practice sales models.
- Understand SAP's competition and effectively position solutions
- Maintain CRM system with accurate customer and pipeline
Leading a (Virtual) Account Team
- Demonstrates leadership skills in the orchestration of remote
- Ensure account teams and Partners are well versed in each
account's strategy and well positioned for all customer touch
points and events. Maximize the value of all sales support
- 5+ years of experience in sales of complex business software /
- Proven track record in business application software
- Experience in lead role of a team-selling environment.
- Demonstrated success with large transactions and lengthy sales
campaigns in a fast-paced, consultative and competitive
- Business level English: Fluent
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's degree or higher strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated history of achieving a sales quota of US$4 million
or more in software revenue.
- Hunter mentality with experience working the full cycle of
complex sales and presenting to multiple levels within
- Possess the ability and self-motivation to work in a
geographically dispersed model.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your
own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're
searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and
individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions,
fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun,
flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the
development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the
qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person
brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment
Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to
applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in
need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website
or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your
request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:
Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ:
Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background
verification with an external vendor.