Director, Core Blockchain SW - Blockchain Engineering
Company: VMware, Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Director, Core Blockchain SW - Blockchain Engineering
Exciting opportunity to lead our Core Blockchain SW team in our
Blockchain Engineering team.
You will be leadingVMware'sCore BlockchainEngineering team for
our VMware Enterprise Blockchainplatform. At VMware, we are
building Enterprise Blockchainsolutions usinginnovative technology,
enterprisegradequality, andcutting-edge softwareapproaches.
The SW platform is a highly scaled distributed storage system,
with core resiliency, security, and immutability of the data to
withstand failures or malicious attacks. This is a "built from the
ground up" SW platform to enable the next generation of Blockchain
applications at scale - from research to prototype to enterprise
You will be part of a talented and supportive team from across
the world as well as members of the academic community and VMware's
Research Group in this role. Our team values diversity,
collaboration, and open thought while supporting VMware's EPIC2
Are you ready for your next great challenge with the Blockchain
Engineering team in VMware?
- Drive the direction and execution of the core Blockchain SW
platform using your experience in distributed systems, storage,
security and building enterprise software products at scale.
- Develop and implement the short- and long-term strategies for
technology, development, and productization.
- Build a high performing engineering culture that is technical,
innovative, and data driven.
- Guide decisions regarding building new vs. open source vs.
- Champion quality as a collaborative effort across the
organization by building out a successful community of practice
within product development.
- Lead the day-to-day activities of the Core Blockchain SW team
across the globe, including detailed project management.
- Hire, retain, and motivate a diverse team of hardworking,
critical thinking, and productive people
- Drive continuous innovation, making decisions based off data,
and collaborating with partners, peers and team.
- 10+ years of relevant software engineering development
experience, preferably in large scaled distributed systems, such as
databases, storage, networking for high end enterprise
- 8+ years senior leadership management experience leading,
recruiting, and retaining premier software engineers. 2nd line
manager experience managing a global team. Proven track record
growing a team from 25 to 100.
- Deep technical acumen and expertise, ability to navigate
through high level system and software architecture, down to
detailed design decisions. This is a highly technical role.
- Be the senior technical leader and systems-level voice across
the Blockchain and VMware Engineering and Executive teams; acting
as a strong partner and influencer to ensure the best technologies
and products are developed and taken to market.
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of software development,
project management, quality assurance, and customer advocacy in a
large-scale enterprise environment.
- Demonstrate a history of successfully delivering large,
complex, and elite enterprise solutions to the customer base.
- Strong organizational capability including building and
executing on aggressive roadmaps, leading the everyday activities
of a global engineering team.
- High level of energy, ability to lead and gain respect among
peers, team and other business partners; be viewed as a trustworthy
motivator and leader with vision in the organization.
- Entrepreneurial, metrics minded, strategic thinker who can move
and act at operational and tactical levels when required.
- Extraordinary engineering vision and customer advocacy
orientation; a track record of anticipating technical challenges,
understanding and identifying development solutions, with the
operational foresight to achieve and launch scalable
- Possess extraordinary organizational, priority settings, and
planning skills, written/verbal presentation, and the ability to
present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a
variety of audiences in large and small groups.
- Demonstrate the skills and personality to operate effectively
in a fast-paced complex business
- Strong leadership, adroit influencer, management communication,
and presentation skills with experience maintaining relationships
with internal business customers at an executive level.
Who you are:
- Self Starter - Thrive in a fast paced and changing
- Strong collaboration skills with a "Team First" mentality.
- Technical engineering excellence, innovation in everything you
- "Growth" mindset in tackle problems and creating great
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- MS/BS in CS/EE or equivalent
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits
Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to
the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and
to providing employees with a work environment free of
discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware
are based on business needs, job requirements and individual
qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief,
national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age,
physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual
orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil
union or domestic partnership status, past or present military
service, family medical history or genetic information, family or
parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not
tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these
characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware
will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have
protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Keywords: VMware, Inc., Palo Alto , Director, Core Blockchain SW - Blockchain Engineering, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!