Engineering Manager, Search Quality
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find
new ideas every day. It's where they get inspiration, dream about
new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to
help those people find their inspiration and create a life they
love. In your role, you'll be challenged to take on work that
upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You'll grow as a
person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make
their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Our users come to Pinterest to explore ideas and run more than 6
billion search queries every month. Many of these queries represent
exploratory search intent and are broad, which means that the
search ranking system should be able to deeply understand this
intent, and then help people explore content, personalize results,
harness visual signals effectively, and show the most engaging
content up front. All of this means that Pinterest search presents
a unique challenge quite unlike other search systems and the
opportunity to innovate on a product that only Pinterest can
We are looking for an exceptional technical leader and
engineering manager to help lead the search quality team in Palo
What you will do:
- The candidate will be responsible for major areas of search
quality for more than 400 million monthly active Pinterest users.
Some potential areas of impact include search ranking models, query
understanding, query/document embeddings, visual relevance, search
quality evaluation, shopping, and others.
- Deeply understand the Pinterest search product, and drive the
vision for the search quality team.
- Provide visibility for senior leadership into the team's global
- Partner with stakeholders to expand impact across the
- Mentor and grow engineers on the team.
- Build a culture of excellence and expertise.
What we're looking for:
- Strong search quality or applied machine learning expertise and
experience working with a large-scale production search/ranking
- Applied ML experience is strongly preferred. Experience in
related fields such as recommendation systems, natural language
processing and computer vision is a bonus.
- Hands-on technical approach, and ability to build scalable
production quality systems.
- 2+ years of experience in leading/managing a highly impactful
- 8+ years of software development experience.
Keywords: Pinterest, Palo Alto , Engineering Manager, Search Quality, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!