Associate Director, Clinical Scientist Neuroscience
Company: Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 11, 2021
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is a global biopharmaceutical company
dedicated to developing life-changing medicines for people with
serious diseases - often with limited or no options. We have a
diverse portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product
candidates, from early- to late-stage development, in key
therapeutic areas. Our focus is in neuroscience, including sleep
medicine and movement disorders, and in oncology, including
hematologic and solid tumors. We actively explore new options for
patients including novel compounds, small molecule advancements,
biologics and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is
headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the
globe, serving patients in more than 90 countries.
We are looking for the best and brightest talent to join our
team. If you’re looking to be a part of a company with an
unwavering commitment to improving patients’ lives and being a
great place to work, we hope you’ll explore our career openings and
get to know Jazz Pharmaceuticals.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is seeking a clinical scientist to join a
clinical development team in neuroscience drug development. You
will be responsible for supporting senior clinical development
staff in the development of the Global Development Plan (GDP) and
for executing various deliverables for the assigned
molecule(s)/indication(s). Responsibilities include clinical
leadership of development programs, medical monitoring of clinical
trials (if MD), contributing to neuroscience clinical development
strategy, supporting regulatory submissions, and representing
clinical development in multidisciplinary teams within R&D.
- Participates in the cross-functional team meetings and
addresses study or other program-specific questions
- Develops the Global Development plan with the senior clinical
development staff for assigned molecule(s)/indication(s) and/or
- Implements Global Development Plan by providing strategic
clinical science support for assigned studies and programs
- Assist in reviewing and authoring Study Concept Document and
clinical study protocols.
- Read and interpret scientific and medical literature for the
use in clinical documents and to assist clinical team decision
- Prepare clinical portions of all relevant regulatory
filings and meeting packages (INDs, meeting requests, NDAs,
- Help identify clinical investigators and coordinate their
activities for the conduct of clinical trials and advisory board
- Work closely with other functional areas within R&D
(clinical operations, data management, biostatistics, clinical
pharmacology, nonclinical) to facilitate the execution of clinical
- Prepare clinical data and clinical program presentations
- Review clinical study data; identify and evaluate study data
trends, outliers, and protocol deviations
- Review, interpret, and approve safety and efficacy data in
clinical study reports
- Write protocol summaries, process documents, investigator
brochures, etc. in collaboration with cross-functional groups
- Provide input on clinical presentation slides for
internal/external meetings and communication (e.g., investigator
meetings, pre-study site selection visits, site training, study
newsletters, communication to sites, etc.)
- Participate and develop communication strategies for existing
and concluded studies through KOL interactions, advisory boards,
scientific and industry conferences and meetings, and
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a
- Collaborative and flexible in personal interactions with high
- 2+ years of clinical/scientific research experience required,
with neuroscience expertise preferred.
- 2+ years of experience working in a pharma/biotech company or
postdoctoral or principle investigator experience within an
academic or government setting.
- Travel opportunities (up to 5-20% of time).
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- PhD, MD, DO, PharmD, or other advanced scientific or clinical
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Palo Alto , Associate Director, Clinical Scientist Neuroscience, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!