Research Associate II, Process Development
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: September 10, 2021
The client mission is to create a new generation of smarter
medicines that outmaneuver complex diseases in ways previously
inconceivable. They are passionate about designing gene circuits to
improve the “intelligence” of cell and gene therapies in order to
enhance their therapeutic effectiveness against a broad range of
diseases that conventional medicines are unable to address.
The client find purpose and meaning knowing that their efforts have
the potential to improve the lives of patients and their families
with more effective and safer treatment options. With science as
our foundation and empathy as their key guiding principle,
colleagues become friends, managers become mentors, and with time,
cancer becomes history.
They are seeking an enthusiastic, self-driven
Research Associate to join its Process Science team that is focused
on advancing new products and enabling technologies. This role will
be part of a team of associates and scientists that develop
processes and technologies for manufacturing NK-cell
therapies. The position will require experimental design,
experimental execution, troubleshooting and optimization of
processes, data analysis, drafting of and presentation of
- Contribute to process development for cell therapy development
programs, including natural killer (NK cells) and other therapeutic
- Perform small- and large-scale experiments using primary cells
to support multiple operations including expansion, gene editing,
selection/expansion of clones, cell harvest, and
- Perform transductions on primary human cells via viral vectors
and other genes delivery methods.
- Supports process optimization efforts to increase process
robustness, improve transduction efficiency, cell yield and
- Contribute to donor screening and testing processes using
- Collaborate with research teams on relevant ex-vivo assays
(Flow Cytometry, ELISA, Luminex-based assays and PCR).
- Helps design and execute experiments with great attention to
- Maintain accurate lab records and notebooks.
- Author protocols, reports, and standard operating procedure
- Present results in team meetings and delivers presentations to
both small and large groups
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Cell & Molecular Biology or
related life science field, with a minimum of 2 years of
experience, preferably in a process development setting
- Experience with mammalian tissue culture including both
adherent and suspension cells.
- Proficiency with flow cytometry strongly preferred.
- Ability to design and execute experiments with minimal
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced
- Highly organized and detailed oriented individual with strong
troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a team player, proactive, and willing to work in a
small team environment.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient with MS Office and other commonly used software and
- Self-motivated and eager to take on temporary responsibilities
outside of the initial job description
The client is a leading gene circuit company designing gene
circuits to create a new generation of “smarter medicines" and
enhance the therapeutic effectiveness of cell and gene therapies
against a broad range of diseases that are unaddressed by current
standards of care. We are proud to count Leaps by Bayer, NEA, 8VC,
Matrix Partners China, Mirae Asset Capital, Amgen Ventures, Intel
Capital, Ridgeback Capital, Lux Capital, KB Investment, Pear VC,
Smilegate Investment, Menlo Ventures, LifeSci Venture Partners,
Alexandria Venture Investments, Allen & The company, LifeForce
Capital, Omega Funds, Nest.Bio, Gaingels, Noveus Capital, and
Goodman Capital among our investors and company is based in South
San Francisco, CA, USA.
Base pay and stock options are to be determined based on applicant
qualifications with the aim of being competitive with similar roles
in the area.
Significant growth opportunity as the company expands
Keywords: Bevov, Palo Alto , Research Associate II, Process Development, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!