Associate Director, Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology
Company: Jazz Pharmaceuticals
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: October 4, 2021
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (NASDAQ: JAZZ) is a global
biopharmaceutical company whose purpose is to innovate to transform
the lives of patients and their families. We are dedicated to
developing life-changing medicines for people with serious diseases
- often with limited or no therapeutic options. We have a diverse
portfolio of marketed medicines and novel product candidates, from
early- to late-stage development, in neuroscience and oncology. We
actively explore new options for patients including novel
compounds, small molecules and biologics, and through cannabinoid
science and innovative delivery technologies. Jazz is headquartered
in Dublin, Ireland and has employees around the globe, serving
patients in nearly 75 countries. For more information, please visit
www.jazzpharmaceuticals.com and follow @JazzPharma on Twitter.
Jazz is looking for an experienced PKPD modeling scientist to
join the quantitative clinical pharmacology (QCP) group to discover
and develop life-changing medicines for patients. As a QCP
scientist, the candidate should have extensive knowledge on
applying various modeling techniques in drug discovery and
development to drive the development of new molecular entities into
a life-changing medicine. The candidate should have broad PKPD
modeling expertise and work in a team environment to support drug
discovery and development projects. It is not required but a plus
to have experiences in regulatory interactions, such as IND and NDA
filings, as a QCP lead in discovery and development projects.
Key responsibilities/core job functions:
- Represent QCP function in cross functional discovery and
development project teams to develop model-based drug development
strategy in collaboration clinical pharmacology/DMPK
- Provide hands-on modeling and simulation support for
development projects, including but not limited to, population PK
analysis, mechanistic PKPD modeling, exposure response analysis for
efficacy/safety endpoints/biomarker data, dose selections for
- Monitor modeling and simulation projects in contract research
organizations and provide technical support and critical reviews to
the population PK/PD reports.
- Write scientific reports for modeling and simulation results
conducted in house and review modeling analysis reports from
- Represent QCP in cross-functional teams to explain QCP strategy
and study outcomes.
- Champion on problem solving using modeling and simulation
techniques to drive the drug development (model-based drug
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Hands-on experiences in PKPD, PBPK, or QSP modeling is required
for this position.
- Proficient in computer programs for population PKPD, such as,
NONMEM or Monolix or other programs, and familiar with other
modeling and statistical tools, R/SAS, MetaLab, WinNonlin,
GastroPlus, SimCYP, PK-Sim, ADAPT, etc.
- Possess thorough theoretical and practical understanding of
drug discovery and development
- Has sufficient clinical pharmacology/DMPK knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and
activities while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a
multidisciplinary team environment.
Required/Preferred Education and Licenses
- Master’s degree in pharmaceutical sciences, clinical
pharmacology, or relevant mathematical/statistical/biomedical
engineering/bioinformatics/biological field, with more than 8 years
of academic/industry experience in clinical pharmacology, PKPD, or
QSP modeling is required
- Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree in pharmaceutical sciences,
clinical pharmacology, or relevant
engineering/bioinformatics/biological field, with more than 5 years
of industry/ industry + academic experience in clinical
pharmacology, PKPD, or QSP modeling is required
Jazz Pharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity/affirmative
action employer and all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected
veteran status, or any characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Palo Alto , Associate Director, Quantitative Clinical Pharmacology, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!