*Job Description:* The Developer Platform’s vision is to
be the industry leader for how developers build high-quality
software productively at scale. Our mission is to Enable Uber
developers to build high-quality software consistently and without
frustration. At Uber the Developer Platform teams
build the technical foundation for engineers to develop the future
of mobility and opportunities with velocity and without
frustration. Our engineering community depends on us to develop
centralized solutions to support each part of the development life
cycle from writing the first line of code to shipping software to
production that touches millions of users. We have a unique
opportunity to work across Uber’s products to solve for scale and
impact company wide technical roadmaps. As a software
engineer, you will work on impactful projects with opportunities to
grow with the company. We need engineers to take ownership of hard
problems and think creatively to implement solutions. You will have
to be versatile and agile to evolve with the demands of our
business growth. Above all, we need our engineers to be passionate
and enthusiastic about solving developer productivity
* +5 years of experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
* Experience building infrastructures, frameworks, and tools to
improve developer experience and speed up development, testing and
* Experience with software development using Java, C/C++,
* Demonstrate the ability to mentor and develop team members
* Experience with building developer productivity tools and
* Experience collaborating cross-functionally to build systems,
create processes, and facilitate development efforts that enable
other engineers to be more productive.
* Ability to interact with diverse technical and
non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
* Experience developing distributed systems and software
networking at scale.