Safety Observation Specialist (SOS)
Company: Power Personnel
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: October 13, 2021
Do you want to advance in a career where you can make a real
impact on people' s lives? If this sounds like you, apply now!
About the Job
- Contract: 3 months (flexibility for possible extensions)
- Shifts: Day shift (06: 45am-3: 15pm), Evening shift (2:
45pm-11: 15pm), Night shift (10: 45pm-07: 15am)
- Top pay
- Flexible schedule
- Great working location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Refer-a-friend bonus
- Weekly payroll
- 24-hour accessibility
- Personalized service
- High school, GED, or equivalent
- Two (2) years’ experience working in healthcare environment or
two (2) years’ experience working in customer service
- Must be comfortable with the following procedures: Preferably
to have knowledge of medical terminology, IV, central lines, EVD,
JP drains, tracheostomies, foley catheters, NG tubes, KEO
- Familiarity with the following patient diagnoses: Stroke,
Delirium, Dementia, Impulsivity, Traumatic Brain Injury and Altered
- Experience with commonly used equipment/systems: Basic computer
- 2 years of Teaching Hospital Experience
- Certified Nursing Assistant or Medical Assistant
- Ensures complete visualization of the patient via remote
- Notifies RN or Charge RN of changes in patient status observed
on Central Station.
- Obtains instructions via the RN regarding ambulation
limitations and course of action for redirection of patient if
- Maintains awareness of safety at all times and promptly calls
for assistance as needed.
- Obtains verbal report from the patient’ s nurse to include
information regarding the patient’ s identified care needs,
diagnosis, visual, auditory, or language barriers as well as any
special considerations (bed alarms, etc.)
- Reports safety concerns or defective equipment.
- Documents observations and disperses team communication in an
appropriate and timely manner.
- Completes observation reports at established interval.
- Takes initiative in compassionately rendering service or
responding to needs. Applies principles of caring and healing with
patients and families and with colleagues.
- Complies with all hospital rules, regulations and
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to demonstrate, understand, and use applicable medical
- Proficient in Voalte communications and other technology to
communicate with the patient care teams.
- Ability to navigate through software programs and computer
- Ability to record and document events for purposes of treatment
by patient care team.
- Ability to apply assessment skills and identify patient
- Ability to accurately document, capture and communicate changes
in patient conditions to appropriate staff.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work tactfully and
effectively with patients, visitors, physicians, co-workers and
other hospital staff.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and contribute
positively towards the goals of the team and the organization.
- Ability to read, speak, write, understand and follow English
verbal and written instructions.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to identify safety risks and communicate the need to
escalate assistance to/for the patient.
Power Personnel has been working with healthcare professionals like
you since 1994. We are the experts in healthcare staffing in
Northern California. That’ s why so many hospitals, clinics and
healthcare facilities rely on us for filling critical positions. If
you want competitive pay, excellent working conditions and a team
that supports you, you need Power Personnel.
Refer a friend and get $125 bonus for every
*In order to get the bonus, the person referred must work at
least 20 shifts.
Keywords: Power Personnel, Palo Alto , Safety Observation Specialist (SOS), Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!