College Learning Specialist - Schwab Learning Center (Part-time)
Company: Children's Health Council
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: November 17, 2021
Behind every child who believes in their own potential is an adult
who believed first. Could that be you?
CHC is seeking to grow our team with passionate professionals who
- every child who walks through CHC's doors is filled with
promise and potential (even if they don't see it themselves).
- differences are superpowers and kids are superheroes (even when
they're in disguise).
- if a child is struggling, a whole family is struggling, and we
can offer them the first glimmer of hope they may have seen in a
very long time.
By becoming a part of CHC, you have the unique opportunity to:
- collaborate with some of the most renowned child and adolescent
experts in the country.
- be an instrument of healing, leading children, teens and young
adults to roads filled with growth, promise and
- leverage your own unique talents to change lives every day.
At CHC, we believe in the promise and potential of every child,
teen and young adult. Our mission is to transform young lives by
providing culturally responsive best-in-class learning and mental
health services to families from diverse backgrounds regardless of
language, location or ability to pay. We specialize in ADHD,
Learning Differences, Anxiety & Depression.The Schwab Learning
Center at CHC celebrates the fact that we all learn in a variety of
ways. We help college and high school students with diverse
learning challenges in all areas of our lives.The High School
Learning Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing and
monitoring interventions indicated by testing and self-reports that
referred students are in need of in order to be successful at their
respective high school. The specialist is knowledgeable and
insightful into the academic and social-emotional challenges often
confronting students with learner variability including learning
disabilities. The High School Learning Specialist reports to one of
the two SLC Sr. Learning Specialists.
- Analyze individual student strengths and challenges and develop
interventions to resolve issues which may span multiple areas,
using advanced technical and professional expertise
- Develop and implement individualized programming, and develop
strategic recommendations for expanding the center's programs.
- Ensure student confidentiality and HIPAA by adhering to the
policies and practices on the student's contracts and with the
students' high school.
- Fulfill reporting requirements that address the Center's
- Attend to portals, and student facing communications in a
timely and professional manner.
- For each student served, evaluate and make recommendations on
technology resources, and learning strategies that will enhance the
student's opportunity for success.
- Provide direct advice to students on a range of issues
including, but not limited to, academic support, accessibility,
workplace demands, executive functioning, and community standards
to assist them in making appropriate choices and decisions.
- Provide consulting advice to key personnel involved with the
student to elevate their understanding of the student's challenges
and accommodations that will enhance the student's opportunity for
being successful with that professor and/or related support
- Abide by established processes and policies designed to
safeguard student's confidentiality.
- Contribute to the development of staff training programs.
- Possess the ability to administer a variety of standardized
academic assessments, rating scales and conduct clinical interviews
as part of developing a student's Comprehensive Learning
- Collaborate with relevant professionals across the CHC agency
especially those in the Clinical Services Division and
Administrative support areas.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned.
- MA or Ph.D. in Special Education, Learning Sciences,
Psychology, or other related program to learning disabilities,
neurodiversity, learner variability, cognitive neuroscience,
- Familiarity with Universal Design for Learning.
- Experience and interest in assessment of student and program
- Experience working with high school students with learning
- Experience administering and/or interpreting psychoeducational
evaluations and cognitive testing typically associated with the
diagnoses of learning disabilities, ADHD, and other types of
- Experience with developing e-portfolios preferred.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data for accountability
- Demonstrated interest in applying research-based strategies and
- Conference presentation experience.
We value our employees' time and efforts. Our commitment to your
success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an
attractive and extensive benefits package for employees working at
least.75 FTE or greater, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Health and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Training and development
- Educational reimbursement
- Adoption assistance
- Life and personal accident insurance
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Free continuing education classes offered on-site
- Paid sick leave
- Paid vacation
- 14-16 paid holidays each year
We work to maintain the best possible environment for our
employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We
strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each
person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions,
planning, and culture.
Keywords: Children's Health Council, Palo Alto , College Learning Specialist - Schwab Learning Center (Part-time), Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!