FT Interior Design Sales Specialist, Palo Alto, Ca
Company: Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 9, 2022
We hope you're interested in building a home with us. Even if
you don't feel that you meet every requirement listed in this job
description, we still encourage you to apply.
About the Team
Our mission is to enhance the quality of our customers' lives at
home. We put the customer at the center of everything we do, every
day. Our corporate values that guide our actions and decisions are
our People First culture, customers, quality, shareholders,
integrity, and corporate responsibility.
Overview of the Design Studio Specialist/Home Stylist role
You will inspire customers to express themselves in their home. You
will drive sales by creating customized design plans that reflect
the customer's style and lifestyle. You will build a reputation of
the Brand as a destination for approachable decorating expertise
that helps customers build truly personal spaces.
- Utilize design expertise to assist clients in one-on-one
consultations in the store and in-home regarding the design of
their living spaces to drive store sales
- Perform productive in-home consultations including the ability
to accurately measure and assess the client's living space
- Create and present design plans based on client's needs, style,
preferences and living space
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions in order to
achieve and exceed established sales and productivity
- Utilize exemplary world-class service standards assist
customers with special services including: gift wrap, gift
registry, locating merchandise, catalog/internet orders, special
orders, back orders, charge sends, courier deliveries, and
- Demonstrate superior product knowledge, including features and
benefits of the entire design studio assortment
- Strong communication, clienteling and customer follow-up
- Ability to complete and coordinate complex large orders within
a variety of sales channels
- Experience in working with the elements of design
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- 1-2 years of customer service and retail sales experience,
(specialty retail preferred, but not required)
- Must be able to be mobile on the sales floor for extended
periods of time
- Must be able to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to
75 lbs., while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety
- Employment/promotion to this role will be contingent on
successful completion of a background check
- Full time associates are expected to have open availability to
meet the needs of the business. Part-Time Flex associates must be
available to work a minimum of two regularly scheduled shifts on
the weekend (Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday) and one during the
week (Monday to Thursday). Associates must be available for annual
inventory and entire holiday season (November and
- Example: Weekend availability cannot fall on the same day; an
associate must be available on two separate days (Friday and
Saturday, Friday and Sunday or Saturday and Sunday). If preferred,
an associate can also choose to have all three shifts of
availability on the weekend (Friday to Sunday) and none during the
week (Monday to Thursday)
Our Mission Around Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We firmly believe that working in a culture focused on diversity,
equity, and inclusion spurs innovation, creates healthy and
high-performing teams, and delivers superior customer experiences.
We will create and nurture a global company culture where we
confidently bring our authentic selves to work every day: where the
only criteria for advancement are the quality of our work, the
contributions we make to our teams and the business, and our
ability to lead; and where our individual differences-whatever they
may be-are valued, explored and appreciated.
Benefits Just for You
Depending on your position and your location, here are a few
highlights of what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- A 401(k) plan and other investment opportunities
- Paid vacations and holidays
- Health benefits, dental and vision insurance, including
same-sex domestic partner benefits
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and
Your Journey in Continued Learning
- Individual development plans and career pathing
- Annual performance appraisals
- Cross-brand and cross-functional career opportunities
- Online learning opportunities through brand specific resources
and WSI University
- Leadership development opportunities
WSI will not commence an immigration case or "sponsor" an
individual for this position at this time (for example, H-1B or
other employment-based immigration).
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
San Francisco Locations:
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified
applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other
applicable state or local laws and ordinances.
Keywords: Williams-Sonoma, Inc., Palo Alto , FT Interior Design Sales Specialist, Palo Alto, Ca, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!