Brand Ambassador, Stanford - Full Time
Company: Macy 's
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Macy 's is proudly America 's Department Store. There 's a reason
we 've been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion,
value and celebration. Macy 's is also known for giving back to our
The magic of Macy 's ultimately comes alive in our stores, and our
store colleagues are the ones making it happen. They provide
outstanding customer service, create a memorable shopping
experience, and drive sales results. A store position at Macy 's
(seasonal, part-time, or full-time) is the perfect way to explore
the world of retail. Some of Macy 's top executives started their
careers as part-time retail sales associates. Our store positions
are ideal for forming relationships, building teams, and developing
leadership skills to grow your career at Macy 's. Macy 's stores
are ideal for building capability in creating partnerships,
building teams, and developing the leaders of tomorrow. Macy 's is
the -Academy - for retail careers.
A store colleague position (whether it 's a seasonal job, part-time
retail job, or a full-time career) is the perfect way to launch a
career in the world of retail. Many of Macy 's top executives
started their careers in part-time retail sales roles, or as recent
college graduates into our development programs in the various
functions at Macy 's.
The Vendor Ambassador is an exceptional associate who drives sales
through coordinating, scheduling, and participating in successful
grass roots events, tracking results, and goal setting with their
fellow colleagues. They educate their colleagues via seminars and
use of product knowledge tools. They drive sales through My Client
by cultivating a repeat clientele and serving as the expert for the
vendor/area they represent. The Ambassador regularly communicates
specific customer needs and shopping patterns to the RMD, District
Merchant, and vendor community. They execute top-side Central
strategies and maintain email contact with both Central and the
vendor community. In addition, they drive sales and execution of
strategic merchandising initiatives for the area they
- Provide an exceptional customer experience by ensuring the
customer is always the priority.
- Serve as a liaison between designated vendors and VPSM,
District Merchant, My Stylist (where applicable), and their My Shop
- Leverage vendor relationships and product knowledge tools to
conduct informal seminars with fellow associates to increase
product and brand awareness across entire store.
- Place new receipts on the sales floor and insure floor
replenishment by size is occurring.
- Ensure sales floor is properly signed for sales and
- Create and implement best practices to drive sales, turn, and
gross margin above company average.
- Build brand-specific clientele to supports local
- Execute vendor and non-vendor events and drive grassroots store
events to increase sales.
- Drive pre-sale events in partnership Business Manager, RMD, DM,
and VPSM. Track results and provide feedback to central
- Actively plan, organize, and lead customer facing vendor
sponsored Events with partnership of vendor community ensuring
sales and participation goals are met.
- Attend conference calls with RMD and Business Manager to
communicate -what 's working, what 's not, and how to fix it ' in
regard to their particular location.
- Proficient in POS including Search and Send, and My
- Demonstrate a professional, can-do attitude.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 1 year previous selling or retail experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information to
customers, peers, and all levels of management.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, and calculating percentages.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team,
and must have good time management skills.
- Demonstrate an energetic and positive attitude.
- Possess vision and creativity.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers, mobile
devices, and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships and convert
customers into a client.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours,
which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on
department and store/company needs.
- This position involves constant moving and standing.
- Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours.
- Involves lifting at least 30 lbs.
- May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling,
crouching, and climbing ladders.
- May involve reaching above eye level.
- Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for and here to .
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for
Keywords: Macy 's, Palo Alto , Brand Ambassador, Stanford - Full Time, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!