Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Rarebase is a public benefit corporation pioneering a new approach
to biotech by working with patient organizations to advance
personalized medicine for the more than 7,000 rare genetic
disorders. We work at the intersection of technology and treatments
to discover FDA-approved drugs that can be rapidly repurposed for
patients living with neurological diseases. We collaborate directly
with families and patient organizations affected by rare diseases
who are seeking to find therapies for their loved ones.
Rarebase is backed by Blueyard Capital, pharma and biotech angel
investors, families personally affected by rare disease, and other
people that truly care about our mission and re-inventing the way
rare disease therapies are developed. Our advisors are leaders in
the biotech and rare disease community. We have the resources we
need to be bold and take risks while continuously building for the
We're looking for an enthusiastic Content Lead with a scientific
background to take ownership of our external facing communications
and content generation. The ideal candidate has fluency and
sensitivity in communicating with families affected by rare disease
and/or childhood onset diseases. To be successful in this role, you
must have the ability to effectively articulate, to a wide variety
of audiences, why our work and the work of our key collaborators is
This role will involve working closely with our patient
organization collaborators as well as with our internal science
team to develop a deep understanding of our products and thinking
of novel ways to communicate them externally. You'll be a great fit
for the role if you love translating challenging scientific
concepts and making them easy to understand and exciting to people
regardless of their science background.
A passion for written communication or storytelling and a proven
track record in formulating product messaging and creating outbound
marketing materials is essential.
What you'll do
- Craft the value proposition of our company and Function
platform to rare disease families and patient organizations, in
close collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Determine how to best articulate and position our company and
Function platform for key audience segments - and continually
optimize it as our offerings evolve.
- Create disease specific content and collateral to support our
collaborators' fundraising efforts and donor relationships.
- Create compelling and innovative content to support the
business development and partnerships teams (pitch decks, executive
- Generate thought leadership content through multiple channels
(blog posts, media interviews, podcasts, etc) in close
collaboration with the Executive team.
- Create compelling and easy to understand stories that convey
the work we do with and the relationships we build with our
- Develop press and media engagement guidelines for collaborators
and conduct the first round of review for any public facing
materials drafted by collaborators.
- Lead the development of any future Rarebase website
- Identify and execute on novel ways to grow Rarebases' brand
awareness in the rare disease community.
- Develop and execute on a strategy to optimize organic search
for our public facing website.
- Develop a strategic approach for Rarebase patient ambassadors
and manage the ongoing execution of that program.
- At least 4 years of marketing experience and/or content
creation working in or with the life sciences industry
- Familiarity with the fundamentals of human genetics and genomic
- Excellent writer with the ability to communicate both clinical
and scientific content in a digestible format, including pitch
decks, case studies, webinars, white papers, blog posts, etc.
- Ability to change priorities quickly and willingness to do what
it takes to get the job done.
- Willingness to contribute in a variety of ways, even if outside
- Experience managing multiple external agency partners
It would be great if you also had
- Experience in patient advocacy
- An advanced degree in life sciences
- Experience in nonprofit fundraising
- Experience working directly with patients and/or disease
What we offer
- An opportunity to work closely with patient organizations on
- Premium health and dental insurance
- Competitive salary and equity in a growing, well-funded
- Generous vacation policy
Keywords: Rarebase, Palo Alto , Content Lead, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!