Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: June 19, 2022
At DCVC, we support entrepreneurs who will unlock the next wave
of foundational innovation, whether in biology, technology,
agriculture, or space. We do so with optimism, technical and
operating expertise, and relentless curiosity.Through years of
technology innovation, society has created massive prosperity but
has yet to eradicate diseases like Alzheimer's or cancer, transform
massive industries to reduce inequality, or materially slow--let
alone reverse--climate change. In addition to these pressing
long-term challenges, humanity is ill-prepared to be resilient in
moments of immediate crises like natural disasters or global
pandemics.As we embark on our next phase of growth, we are looking
to add an Associate (pre-MBA role) to join our investment team. We
are seeking someone who will assist in all aspects of DCVC's
investment process and have a broad range of meaningful
responsibilities across the organization.The Associate role
- Build portfolio company financial models: income statement
projections, balance sheet projections including capital
expenditure modeling via debt and equity financing structures and
analysis of cost of capital for financing options.
- Extensive capitalization table modeling
- Market research including modeling of total addressable market
size for portfolio company's products.
- Key member of deal team that will assist in the evaluation of
potential investments through founder and financial due diligence,
market research, competitive analysis and drafting of Investment
Memorandum that will incorporate market analysis, due diligence
findings and financial models.
- Coordinate with portfolio companies for periodic reporting and
conduct financial analyses to inform DCVC portfolio management and
reporting to Limited Partners - maintain and update the Firm's
portfolio management systems.
- Exit analysis including M&A modeling, comparable public
company trading analysis and market trading data analysis.
- Contribute to DCVC's thought leadership efforts.The Associate
role is a fit if...
- You have a degree in a Deep Tech-relevant field of science or
- You have extensive financial modeling and capital markets
experience especially within an investment banking
- You are proficient with the full Microsoft Office suite,
ideally with advanced Excel capabilities.
- You can distill and synthesize complex information and
effectively communicate it to a variety of constituencies in
written and verbal mediums.
- You are energized by learning about emerging technologies,
software, robotics and digital transformation of legacy
- You are passionate, proactive and eager to build meaningful
connections within the venture/startup ecosystem, and beyond.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, are a self-starter, don't
need to be told exactly what to do, and are comfortable with
working in unstructured environments.
- You are collaborative and a team player that is always willing
to step up to do what's needed to advance the interests of the
- You are highly accountable and live and work by extremely high
- This role is structured to be a pre-MBA/graduate program of
approximately 2 years where you will gain a deep understanding of
what it means to be a venture capitalist.
- You will have exposure to everything a venture capitalist does:
investment thesis development, financial analysis, company
incubation, portfolio company support, fund management, firm
operations, investment decision making, and fundraising.
- As a member of the investment team, you will gain broad
exposure and have the opportunity to work with, and learn from,
individuals across the Partnership.
- We will invest in your professional development with hands-on
mentorship and training.This role is located in Palo Alto, CA
Keywords: DCVC, Palo Alto , Associate, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!