Diversity Coordinator - West Coast
Company: Sidley Austin LLP
Location: Palo Alto
Posted on: September 20, 2022
SummaryLocated in one of Sidleys west coast offices (Downtown
Los Angeles/ Palo Alto/San Francisco) and reporting to the West
Coast Region Diversity Director, the West Coast Region Diversity
Coordinator will assist in implementing and administering the firms
diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) policies, programs, and
initiatives. - - Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides administrative support for new and ongoing DEI
policies, programs, and initiatives.
- Assists with the implementation of policies, programs, and
initiatives to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce for
- Maintains relationships with students, lawyers and external
groups to exchange information and to plan events.
- Runs monthly reports from PeopleSoft on women and lawyers of
diverse backgrounds for committee meetings.
- Maintains current information about diverse 1Ls met at affinity
- Negotiates time and format of meetings with affinity groups,
lawyers and committees (beyond simple scheduling).
- Works with internal creative team to design invitations for
west coast region affinity group events, the Committee on the
Retention and Promotion of Women (CRPW) events and DEI Committee
- Works with the Internal Communications and Marketing
Departments to design ads for DEI-related events.
- Attends DEI-related internal and external events, as needed;
coordinates registration, name tags, contact sheets, materials and
- Creates electronic surveys and reports; responds to survey
requests, as needed.
- Creates slides for reports and presentations for various
- Supports the activities and programs of the Associate Diversity
Councils and/or Committees (ADC) in the West Coast Region;
Researches trends on various issues related to the local CRPW and
DEI Committees in the West Coast Region and ADC. -
- Researches, collects data and provides recommendations to
support and help advance the Diversity Mentoring Program; assists
with the management of the Diversity Mentoring Program
- Assists with generating reports and analyzing metrics for
- Collaborates with DEI Department team members across all
offices, as needed.
- Ability to travel, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.QualificationsTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Essential
Duty and Responsibility (the Essential Duties) satisfactorily. -
The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum
knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. - Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the Essential Duties. - If you need such an
accommodation, please email email@example.com (current
employees should contact Human Resources).Education and/or
Experience: - Required:
- Bachelors degree
- A minimum of 2 years relevant experience; experience in a law
firm or other similar professional setting a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft SuiteOther Skills and Abilities:The
following will also be required of the successful candidate:
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Good judgment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work harmoniously and effectively with others
- Able to preserve confidentiality and exercise discretion
- Able to work under pressure
- Able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and
prioritiesSidley Austin LLP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Keywords: Sidley Austin LLP, Palo Alto , Diversity Coordinator - West Coast, Other , Palo Alto, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!